Members photos on Growingfruit

Finally a half way normal picture of my daughter and I. We shot our bows (archery) at our state’s summer games competition yesterday. It was a good time!

28 Likes

Cool, thanks for posting. Nice that your daughter likes to shoot the arrow, too. How did y’all do?

Dont know yet. A pile of different divisions/classifications plus the fact that we shot the early line and didnt stick around for the second line not sure how many shoooters there were in our actual class. We did alright though. It was our 1st indoor shoot. We are hunters and backyard shooters at heart. Always wanted to get into competitive shooting and this was our first attempt at doing so. My daughter has a ton of natural talent. She can not shoot for months (too busy with college, photography business, planning her wedding, etc…) and come CLOSE to beating her old man who shoots on a regular basis! We will likely do more of it as time allows, we enjoyed it.

2 Likes

You two look like twins!

1 Like

Sounds like you both had a great time. Memories with your children are always so wonderful. Things to talk about years from now. " remember the time we…"

4 Likes

Daughter snapped these as I was explaining the treasure hunt rules to the G-kids on Christmas Eve. It has been a tradition since my kids were this age. They have to find 6 clues that lead them to their Christmas present.

They are so attentive.

37 Likes

Man…you make them work for it! They are too cute!

Haha. It’s educational. AND they love it and look forward to it each year.

1 Like

What were the clues? What do they learn? I always loved a good scavenger hunt.

We did this with our kids when they were twenty or so with significant others , it was lots of fun

1 Like

The procedure for making the treasure hunt is to first hide the present, write a clue to its location, and hide that clue, and continue for six more clues. The beginning clue is sealed and placed under the Christmas tree.
Non-readers get picture clues, that is, I take a picture of the location and use a red arrow to indicate where they should search for their clue. The clues are written on different colored paper for each child so they won’t disturb someone else’s clue. The outside clues I put in a little snack bag and sometimes a treat in the bag before I hide it. The educational part is that for the older ones if they don’t follow the steps in sequence they won’t find their next clue. And sometimes the clues incorporate garden things I have taught them. Here’s a sample.

18 Likes

OK. Now I have to do this with my grands. They will love the adventure. Thanks

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks for showing the notes. “Do you remember where we dug up the Yacon?” Funny stuff.

1 Like

I absolutely love this!!

1 Like

What a neat tradition! Thanks for sharing. Oh, to be a child again where a simple treasure hunt like can be the most gratifying, fun, and exciting thing in the world! Our family (even extended family) no longer has any children and this year we all talked about how Christmas just isn’t that great without seeing the joy in the eyes and actions of Children! Way to go, Anne.

4 Likes

So special!

1 Like

Great memories for them to remember years down the road. Nice idea.

1 Like

My one and only beautiful daughter got married on New Years eve to her boyfriend of 6 years! My son on the left, my daughter and I.

38 Likes

Congrats! Is this the same sharpshooting archer from earlier in this thread?

I’m not a father but I can imagine the gamut of emotions y’all are going through- happy, sad, proud, worried, excited, etc.

Best wishes to the new couple.

Yes she is. It was a great evening!

2 Likes