Miscellaneous Fruits

A few odds and ends from today.

13 Likes

lucky bugger! all mine are still flowering! only thing I’ve ate so far is rhubarb. just put in 8 ohio treasure black raspberries this spring. with any luck ill have some berries from next summer! strawberries and honeyberries should be ready in a few more weeks

2 Likes

Various rasps a few days ago

10 Likes

@39thparallel and I drove around today eating various fall fruits. Several were very good!

5 Likes

Those persimmons look so good. What are the first and second photo? And you’re growing jujubes. Those jujubes are plenty hardy for you huh?

Dax

1 Like

I think the persimmons are Early Golden. They are the first non estringant persimmon I have had. I hope to propagate the in coming years.

1 Like

Dax,
@39thparallel grows jujubes and some of these belong to another friend of his. His trees are gorgeous. The persimmons are kaki hybrids. The town they live in is slightly warmer and wetter than my area but about 30 minutes away so well within reach. We had a great time!

Superb guys!

I’m still wondering what those fruits are in the first recent photos.

Dax

1 Like

Two types of autumn olives. They are easy to grow and delicious! A pest in some areas they grow so easy!

1 Like

Of course. Thank you, Clark!

Dax

1 Like

Dax,
I grow the red ones myself and will graft the yellow ones very soon. Here is a thread on them Planning on a big autumn olive harvest

1 Like

how long before your autumn olives fruited? mine are 3rd leaf and were full of flowers last spring but no fruit set. my goumi were loaded tho.

1 Like

They do that where they flower their first year and don’t fruit. Then they set fruit the next year typically and set fruit all years after the first.

ok good to know.

1 Like

A few more pictures of jujube I missed uploading. Some are sour and some are sweet but both were incredible. The smaller ones are a very intense flavor I really enjoyed.

3 Likes

Clark,

Did you save some seeds and try to grow them?

Tony

2 Likes

I don’t Tony but I can get them. I’m growing one jujube now and not overly happy with its performance.

1 Like