My "Romance series" cherries

Thanks Brady, I wanted to see what they were selling and if I could buy it too. Must just be for in store purchases like you said. I would buy those that Vincent bought if shipping wasn’t that bad.

1 Like

I just stopped there and bought 5 Kwanzan Japanese flowers cherry.

3 Likes

Wow! How did you haul them home?

1 Like

This is the way I haul them home. They are over 10 ft tall.

5 Likes

I picked up a Juliet and some Strawberry plants. Brady

1 Like

You should let me know, i come to see you Brady. From Wight’s nursery?

What’s kind of strawberry you picked up.

Yes,Wight’s.I bought one bundle of Eversweet.I wanted Seascape also,but there wasn’t any,so I added Quinalt.
Along the way,I stopped off first at Molbak’s in Woodinville and they apparently had at one time Romeo,Juliet and also Sugar Twist Pluerry,but they were all gone.There were still a few Candy Heart,Sweet Treat,Nectaplum and Cot-n-candy Aprium,bare roots.25% off I think.I have most of those,didn’t buy. Brady

1 Like

Hopefully we will have some time together for a coffee later . Anyway 2 years ago I ordered about 10 different varieties of strawberry, and planted all them together. I will give you some if you like.
Now I ordered from Raintree only Seascape and Puget Crimson, and just like to keep those 2 varieties only.

Whenever convenient we would like to see pictures of your Juliet Cheery Brady. Hopefully some nursery available for online ordering.

Quinalt and tristar strawberry are very high quality.

Hey Brady B and Vincent,
I am very fired up to hear about how your bush cherries do this year. I 've gotten burned beofore as many stone fruits don’t like our wet springs but If they really kick ass this year, I think I’ll buy some.
THanks,
John S
PDX OR

1 Like

What’s wrong with my Carmine Jewel Cherry just bought over a week ago. Could you please tell me what should I do? Cut it off, return it to nursery or use chemicals treatment. Thank you for your help.

Hi John.
I am still testing projects on fruit trees, it might have problems on later years as well. But some sweet cherry do very well in this area.

1 Like

I would put it back in the pot and take it back and get another. Or take some cuttings instead! I don’t know what is wrong, doesn’t look normal at all, so take it back. They can’t refuse you once they see it. Don’t let them give you a hard time. Start using explicit language of you have to, get loud, they hate that. Other customers will hear. I myself hate doing that, but it works every time, so I do if they are being dicks.

3 Likes

I think this is bacteria canker on fruit tree, too much work to take it back to nursery. I will open to remove some lose bark then wash it with bleach and see if still get worse I will cut it.

I agree, bacterial canker. My Romance cherries do seem quite susceptible to canker and I prune off infected branches when I see them. Usually its just the odd small branch, but my Romeo was hit pretty hard with canker last spring, fortunately it didn’t seem to affect yield, and the bushes branch out so quickly you can’t even tell I pruned it hard last spring.

2 Likes

Thank you Don.
For safety reasons, I pruned it.

Maybe this is common problem on this type of cherry, hopefully it wasn’t cause by the wet weather in Puget Sound area.