My "Romance series" cherries

Thank you for updating Brady, as long as they like the weather here I am happy. Last week I went to flower world nursery to looking for Japanese flower cherry for Buddhist Temple, i saw they have a few very good size Carmine Jewel cherry about 6 feet tall for only $40. I bought 1, but seem like the Juliet cheery tastes better therefore i got 1 Juliet from Wight’s Home & Garden in Lynnwood today.

1 Like

Here the the picture my Carmine Jewel Cherry Brady.

1 Like

I forgot to tell you, it’s not on its own root. But the Juliet one does.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like a Carmine Jewel, but maybe because it’s grafted?

You right because it looks like the tree not the bush. Drew. But it’s Carmine one.

1 Like

Their is no tree only a dwarf bush. What does that tag say exactly?

The first Carmine Jewel I bought was pre-ordered from a local nursery and when picking the tree up,I saw they had grafted the thing to a Gisela root stock and looked kind of like Vincent’s picture.
I was a little peeved and didn’t know that was being done.I gave the tree to a friend and we planted the tree in his backyard.He has since moved to Idaho,so I’m uncertain of the condition. Brady

3 Likes

Day time on the weekend I will take a picture of its tag and let you see it,Drew.

Why don’t you like the grafted one ? I think it might control its growing size and suckers better ( like the bush). Brady?

Something does not add up here. Why would somebody waste a Gisela rootstock, when Carmine Jewel grows perfectly well on its own roots? Why would Carmine Jewel loose its bushy growth habit and develop like a tree after being grafted? It just feels dubious.

1 Like

I never said I didn’t like it, I thought maybe it explains shape? The tag is more information, that will help me figure this out.[quote=“Stan, post:152, topic:1332”]
It just feels dubious.
[/quote]

Right, like multiplying two negatives you get a positive? My guess is this is something else not Carmine Jewel, not that anything is wrong with that!
I was thinking though grafting may be a way for quick propagation. A nursery could have one tree, and clone scion off it all day long.

1 Like

I would like to ask this question to Brady, Andrew. He gave the grafted to his friend.

Here its tags.

1 Like

The plant looked more like a tree and I wanted a bush shape. Brady

1 Like

Thanks Vincent, With Brady’s response and the tag, wow, Guess it is a Carmine Jewel! Very interesting form. You learn something everyday! Wonder if it will make larger cherries? It looks like dwarf x dwarf equals standard! Wow! The tag says it will stay small, we will see…

2 Likes

Thank you Brady.

I have another baby, Juliet.

1 Like

Juliet root

1 Like