Мягкосемянный Розовый (Soft seeded Pink) Pomegranate

Sure, 9-5 works for me.

2 Likes

Thanks, Richard. PM me your address? I’ll try to get by around 9 to 10 am if that’s okay? Excited about this nice pom.

1 Like

This is wonderful. I wish I could go to Richards with you. I want to taste the cherry of the rio grande

1 Like

There’ll be ripe fruit around May. :smiley:

1 Like

Me also. I really like what he has done with his fruit trees.

1 Like

Today I removed all the root suckers and new sprouts on the stems – except about a half dozen at the very top of each stem. These will be 6’ to 10’ high by midsummer and then drooping under the weight of fruit a few feet from the ground by Fall.

4 Likes

Names for DPUN 0139:

Myagkosemyannyi Rosovyi (ANR GRIN)

Мягкосемянный Розовый (Russian)

Soft Seeded Pink (English)

1 Like

In Russian, Мягкосемянный has to be one word (dividing it into two is grammatically incorrect).

Also, while мягкий can be translated as “gentle” in some contexts, in this case the correct translation is “soft.” Мягкосемянный = soft seeded.

2 Likes

Wow, such heavy pruning?

11 months ago, yes.

Some people do that with pomegranates to make them stronger, leaving only the stronger and the newest growth.

2 Likes

20 scions.

5 Likes

It is very thoughtful of you to put a tag on each cutting. Usually, people just label a bag and put all cuttings into it.

Looking good Richard! With 1000 tags you’ve got a lot more to do!! :grinning:

1 Like

Interesting. I have a small Wonderful right now, and Ive heavily pruned the whispy branches last year, but Richard’s is another level.

1 Like

@Richard Did you notice an increase or decrease in fruit production after this pruning? I’d like to do the same to mine if it’s been beneficial.

I had very few fruits after the pruning, although I’m very happy with the structure of the plant now.

1 Like

The local CRFG chapters now require individual labeling. It’s an easy process with zip tags.

Calron,
I agree! I don’t know if I’d have the courage to do that . . . Or follow the instructions, ‘Once your tree arrives, cut it back to one third its size!’ (I love that one!) But, I know that is what ‘gets you where you want to go’ . . . so I get a strong drink . . . and ‘do it’!
Karen A.K.A. KikiVA

2 Likes

Mine is about 5’ tall, but only .625 trunk dia, and just starting to swell with buds, I don’t think I have enough alcohol to zap it this year lol

2 Likes