Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

Our in ground Nadia planted this time last year, flowered heavily (at the same time as beauty plum, burgundy plum, methly plum, and flavor grenade. And those are all less than 25 ft from the nadia) but looks to have set little or none. Pretty disappointed.

I just got one from local nursery and one on the way from Raintree, both of them on different root stock. Could I ask where you get 2 of your last year?

How is your Candy heart doing Itheweatherman?

Your tree looks great! How did you get it so early for zone 5? You must not have bought it from raintree. They are telling me some time around May!

I called them today, they told me I won’t get my tree until late March.

I am not happy with them.

It was last year’s purchase. This is its second leaf for me.

1 Like

Oh, I also have a Weeping Santa Rosa. Pics of that will soon follow.

Anyone think any of these will work?

I was patiently waiting for Nadia to wake up, but I found only two flower buds… it grew really vigorously last summer and is a quite big tree and otherwise looks very healthy, I guess it concentrated all the power into vegetative growth. Which is OK for me I did not really hope to have the crop on the second year.

I got mine from Raintree.

They are starting to leaf-out.

Where did you get that again?[quote=“Antmary, post:630, topic:197”]
Which is OK for me I did not really hope to have the crop on the second year.
[/quote]

Yeah, not that unusual really. It should be fine! Probably adjusting to the new zone! I suspect that might happen with mine. I’m still 2-3 weeks away from flowering.

Got it from Bay Laurel. Asked if they could ship as tall as possible and they did. Tree took up the whole box top to bottom, and it was the larger size box not the normal size. Here are some pics:

Let me know what you think

1 Like

It looks good! The first one I had was really nice from Willis I think? It was nice! But it was in the fall, and we had that terrible winter, and it didn’t make it. I have heard mixed reviews of Willis. OK Bay Laurel it is, if I need to try a 4th time Argh!

Are you going to pot grow that one? That is one plum i’d like to try at some point because it ripens in a window that nothing else here is ripe (for what i can figure from ripening charts).

Yep. 15 gallon softside for that one too. I should have around 9 full time pots with FK, FS, and DS pluots, Nadia, Sweet Treat plum/cherry crosses, Spice Zee, Cot-n-Candy, Weeping SR, and based off of Drew’s recommendation Artic Glo. Sound like too much?

No…should be fine.

My list:
Spice Zee
Arctic Glo
Arctic Rose
Arctic Star
Bella Gold
Shaa Kar
Sweet Bagel
Robada
Tri Lite
FS,FK,DD,FQ—whiskey barrel
Splash, FG, Geo Pride, Emerald Drop–whisky barrel
coming soon—Nadia/Candy Heart and who knows what else!
I also have a few seedling trees that are grafted.

A few of my newer trees are in 25 gallon plastic pots…i’ll see how they perform vs the 15 gallon.

Try the soft sides. I think they work well.

Where do you get them from? I have ordered all mine from Greenhouse Megastore…the shipping is brutal on the 25 gallon pots…but you could fit a dead body in that box :slight_smile: so that might come in handy.

My 15 gallons are all from Amazon right now. The newer ones I bought last season were from GHMS. But those are all 7 gallons.

Never! I have 25 figs in pots. Too much? Probably, but what the hey! I’ll slowly eliminate some.

1 Like