Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

My Emerald Drop and Geo Pride pluots will bloom together with Nadia along with Yellow Crush Pluot ( I’m 90 % sure that YC pluot is actually Flavor Queen Pluot).

As far as my observations go, Emerald Drop Pluot is the confirmed pollinator for Nadia.

2 Likes

Hey thanks. I’ll certainly take a raincheck! Some others helped me out.[quote=“speedster1, post:1282, topic:197”]
I would think Satsuma would work fine with Nadia
[/quote]

Hope so! Plums are interesting. We have a lot of people here that know ton’s about them, and not just your usual suspects.

1 Like

Update on Nadia. Very vigorous grower. There will be some flowers this spring. Several J. Plums, plots and pluerry are grafted on it. They are growing well too. Cherry grafted on Nadia did not took, so I think they are incompatible.

9 Likes

It also appears that Candy Heart Pluerry and Nadia will be blooming together.

My Nadia looks to have plenty of fruit buds. This better be the Lamborghini of fruit.

3 Likes

Are you sure you wouldn’t prefer an Osca?

Here she is again.

By the time it starts flowering, Emerald Drop Pluot, its known pollinator so far, would had already finished flowering. The best chance I got is Candy Heart Pluerry, which I believe, both will be flowering together.

6 Likes

Here we go again. Brady

3 Likes

Nadia Mania.

If I remember correctly last spring my Nadia and Spring Satin plumcot were in bloom around the same time even though all the flowers got frosted. Hope this helps someone with pollination somewhere.

2 Likes

Why not remove some Emerald Drop flowers, collect pollen from them, and store until Nadia blooms? I’m sure it will still be viable and you can hand pollinate (I know you do a lot of hand pollinating anyway for your crosses). Looks like your Nadia is getting pretty close to blooming so you probably won’t have to store for very long.

That’s a great idea. I will do it once I get off from work this afternoon.

1 Like

I do this with all pollen, it’s so much easier to use once dry.

1 Like

My Nadia now in Seattle area February 21st 2017.

3 Likes

2nd Nadia.

2 Likes

My first Nadia blossom, it bloomed yesterday. It was pollinated with Burgundy, Candy Heart, and Sweet Treat, just in case.

8 Likes

Hopefully a lot of us will have a chance to taste Nadia plum this year.

2 Likes

The way the buds cluster lets you see the cherry parentage. None of my plums, pluots, or pluerry cluster that way. In fact, it looks like my minnie royal/royal lee.

1 Like

I don’t know. The weather here still very cold, only above 30 F at night. That why the buds not come out much yet.

I think you knocked her up. She looks pregnant!

2 Likes