Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

I’ve been thinning both Nadia and Candy Heart in my greenhouse. Candy Heart sets better but neither requires a lot of thinning.

3 Likes

Do we have any idea what the parents of Candy Heart are? I did some searching a few days ago and i can’t even find the patent on it…if there is one.

It’s patent hasn’t been published yet. Craig, from DWN, said that is going to be patented as Sweet Pixie 5.

Here is the Nadia fruit:

4 Likes

Nadia in Seattle March 19th 17.

6 Likes

Your Nadia had a lot little fruits.

1 Like

Wow Vincent!

1 Like

Waiting forever to bloom.

1 Like

Maybe it will be in full bloom when you get back?

2 Likes

Mine was like that.

2 Likes

Looks like Tasmania will start growing them… couple of pics on the link below.

4 Likes

Sounds good cannot wait to finally get good reports on Nadia this year!

1 Like

3 Likes

Great, now make sure you wait until it’s ripe this time before you pick it. :grin:

2 Likes

This time, I will eat them when they are almost ripe and fully ripe.

I think you have owned and grew the most singly razzed piece of fruit!

1 Like

Only one bee for my Nadia blossom today. Temperature range from 39 to 55F. 3.31.17

7 Likes

I’m trying to cross pollinate many by hand,to give me better chances. Brady

2 Likes

Hopefully it warm enough for the bees do their job during our vacation time Brady.

2 Likes

Me too, but I’m a few weeks away till bloom here. maybe 2 weeks. In my area bloom is actually behind! I may grow a few seeds out too. If I get fruit that is! Satsuma and some pluots is all I have. Flavor King x nadia cross would probably be awesome! Or Flavor Supreme, or White Gold. Flavor King has a very interesting flavor, bet a cross would be a very desirable fruit. And very good odds it would take.

One observation for my area is pluots are first to bud, so most likely to get hit with a late freeze. Nadia is last, hope that trait is retained. Mine is still swelling buds whereas everything else is done and just getting ready to open.

1 Like