Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

Anyone know if nadia is compatible with peach stock?

You should plant the seeds. The seedlings will be 3/4 plum, 1/4 cherry.

That would be great! I have two potted up trees in bloom in my garage. A Spice Zee and a Nadia. I have been trying to pollinate. What have I got to loose. We just got three inches of snow! Going to be 65 tomorrow and 75 Sunday.

Should we create a summary about Nadia cherry x plum based on our observations?

2 Likes

I think we need to wait till we have mature trees.

3 Likes

Nadia blossom 4.9.17.

16 Likes

How did you get the picture from the future? :slight_smile:

Whenever it came from, that is a thick, luxurious bloom. We had some cold temps a few weeks ago, which looks to have killed some of my Nadia. But, it looks like some came through OK.

3 Likes

Beautiful blooms Vincent!

2 Likes

Vincent, you should hand pollinate some of those blossoms. What do you have to lose?
Here is a Nadia fruit cluster from my tree. The tree has about 24 fruitlets. It was planted last season.

3 Likes

I think California is the place I ought to be, so I’m loading up my truck and moving to where ever the hell Vincent lives!! Your Nadia is so Precocious! I bet all your trees are doing fine. I know you live in Washington.

1 Like

I just got home from vacation trip, I am so happy to see all my fruit trees blossom. A lot of flowers for hand pollinating. Hopefully will have some bees to help in a next few day. Temperature now around 48 to 50F.

1 Like

Snow just melted,
I have trees blooming from cold storage in my garage. I was surprised to see a bee on my flowers.

2 Likes

I’m impressed.

1 Like

Does anyone in here have a Nadia pollinated by a cherry or a cherry pollinated by Nadia? If so, could you plant the seeds, please. I’m curious to see what would a cherry x ( cherry x plum) hybrid would look like.

1 Like

It’s beautiful, vincent.

1 Like

I could probably try if i remember. I won’t have a ton of Nadia blooms, but looking at the two trees…they should bloom about the same time (Nadia and my Lapins)… I think i would try both ways.

1 Like

Nadia about ready to bloom

I’m going to move it out by all my pluots or plums… doesn’t look like it will match my sweet cherry bloom time…maybe have to save some pollen from Nadia and hit a few Lapins flowers. Only issue is that sweet cherries aren’t easy to get to grow from seed.

2 Likes

Here’s a pic of my Nadia and Spring Satin Plumcot from yesterday, they seem to enjoy each others company. Nadia was bought and planted from Raintree in May '15 and Supreme Spring Satin from Stark Bros. planted in the same month and year. Nadia is on the left and Spring Satin is on the right.

4 Likes

I wonder if they would pollinate each other? Mine are right next to each other. My Hesse and Lavina, Satsuma are also blooming.

My Nadia is starting to bloom too. I’ts going to have about a hundred or so blooms. Even my Sweet Treat that was a little whip has some flowers. It branches out nicely for a whip. My six leaf trees are going to go nuts this year! This might be my first year with lots of fruit on all the trees. It’s been a long time waiting.

4 Likes