Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

I think mine 6th too? I forget! 5th or 6th. Now if I can keep the bugs and brown rot away! That is going to be the challenge!

1 Like

Here is my Nadia. I cut some off the top for grafting. I tied the branches down last year too when I planted it.

1 Like

Here is my Sweet Treat. It was just a three foot whip last year when I planted it. My Raintree order ships tomorrow with a Candyheart in with it too.

4 Likes

The plum blooming behind is a three in one. Started as Maraposa which I thought was Santa Rosa. Then I added Beauty and Toka. The Beauty and Toka are mostly bloomed and the maraposa is just opening. The hill in the top right that I just cleared is where I’ve been planting romance cherries. The green grass above the plum tree is where Morels are popping up about every two foot or so.

Wow…very nice. I wish i had a lot more room to mess around with. I need about an acre…fenced in…with squirrel eating dogs…and a canopy system for rain and cold and birds.

My Nadia flowers are all open.

I was going to cross pollinate…but i’ll just let them be. I’ll keep the seeds from them if i get some fruit.

1 Like

Ditto me too. I cannot plant another tree without removing one. Good news is a like what I have! I can graft at least!

1 Like

My Nadia is blooming heavily, I need to find a pollinator. There are Burbank plums available locally. Has anyone had success with them?

Where I’m at Laroda plum blooms at the same time as Nadia. Pretty sure it will do the trick. Here’s my Nadia, got to taste 1 last year and really liked it. Definitely not top 10 but good fruit! And both my wife and I could definitely taste cherry and plum flavors so it may need to be planted in ground to achieve this. Looking forward to a full crop this year!

8 Likes

I just set mine next to my blooming 8 pluots, Satsuma, Alderman, Lavina, Hesse, Spring Satin…something better pollinate it!

2 Likes

Hi Jon.
Your. Nadia looks so beautiful with all the fruits. What are your top 10? Thanks. Vincent

1 Like

Nadia seems like the only tree of mine that has flowers and leaves…seems like my other stonefruit bloom…and then push growth…Nadia seems to do it both…

1 Like

Good to know! I grafted two pieces unto Nadia, hope it takes!

1 Like

Thanks Vincent, my top 10 at this time would be, 1 June pride peach, 2, flavortop nectarine, 3 Flavor king pluot, 4 flavor supreme pluot, 5 juneglo nectarine, 6 tie, O henry and Kaweah peach, 7, Heavenly white nectarine, 8, tie, Harko nectarine and Arctic supreme white peach, 9 Bing cherry, 10, tie violette de Bordeaux fig and Tomcot apricot, in that order. It seams strange that a peach would be my families favorite fruit, by far, but June pride tastes like a nectarine and is absolutely sensational! I slice mine in fourths and eat everything but the skin, which is not bad, very low fuzz. There are days I will eat 10 or more! Actually addictive taste, very rich, intensely flavored peach with red/ orange streaking flesh, and a very juicy crimson juice that usually gets everywhere! There are very few low acid fruits on this list, but I would love to try @fruitnuts Honey royale, it sounds like it may have more going on than just sweetness. I do have September honey nectarine and some friends of mine rave over the fruit saying its the best they have ever had. I do enjoy them as something different but my family prefers the more balanced flavored fruits.

4 Likes

My Nadia blooming exactly the same period with the Beauty Plum. Beauty Plum is a lot easier to fruiting and adapting locations as well.

2 Likes

Nadia seems to have an extended bloom, I do remember mine did the same thing. It also seems to set clusters of fruit and may not need much thinning!

Hope it works for you Drew!

Great Vincent, I have beauty plum on same tree as the loroda, with elephant heart, and late santa rosa. They all probably will work but I noticed bloom time closest to laroda. Good luck, hoping you get to try some this year!

1 Like

Thank you Jon. On your top 10 only number 9 and 10 works out ok in Seattle NW maritime wet climate.

1 Like

Oh well, at least you have plenty of delicious fresh seafood there to make up for your challenging weather!

1 Like

Bing cherry is very good, a lot of people like it but stay number 9 in your top 10 list. We have to try all in your list if possible. Thanks a lotJon.

1 Like