Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

In ten years when these trees are loaded with more fruit than you can know what to do with you’ll look back at this question and think it’s funny.

The good news is that they seem to pollinate fairly easy, we were worried it was an issue, and it appears not to be. I only have 2 other trees and mine is pollinated. One of the trees have 4 pluots, So we know that either Satsuma, FK, FQ, DD, FS work and possibly Spring Satin and Laroda. The weatherman listed some possibilities too. I no longer think it is an issue any more than any other plum tree. All of my trees have fruit,
It’s nice when you plan something and it works. I put two trees next to each hoping they would pollinate each other, and they have. About time something worked!

2 Likes

By then Nadia will be judged the biggest dog of all time. New members and our robot overloads will be laughing at us for having 10,000 posts about it…

3 Likes

I still have hope that it’s a great plum.

1 Like

It could very well be. My 4th year FS has about 10 fruits on it. Last year, it had about 4. Next year will be the last if it doesn’t start producing well.

My 4th year Emerald Beaut gave 4 fruits too last year. This year, it is loaded with hundreds! Best part is it set in a way I didn’t have to thin even one fruit. All perfectly spaced and loaded!

4 Likes

8 Likes

Some tiny fruit set on my Nadia, still hoping have chance to taste.

7 Likes

It’s even redder today.

5 Likes

Hey, everyone, post pictures of your Nadias.

Mine are still green.

You still have 8 fruits of Nadia?

My Nadia are purple but hard as bricks…not ripe yet.

Yes.

1 Like

Mine had a lot of fruit, but most dropped off, I will get at least a dozen though. Next year should be better with 6 more plums flowering. Pollination should not be an issue.
My fruit is still fall.

1 Like

This is mine today.I sprayed the tree for Aphids and added a little Bayer type Neem.That stuff is nasty.I’m glad the bottle is almost gone.
There are about a half dozen fruits hanging on. Brady

4 Likes

Here they are:

7 Likes

Boy, that first picture looks like an apple! The last one looks interesting. It won’t be long now.

1 Like

Some of mine are starting to change color too. I put a “real cherry”, a large Stella (that I grew), in the cluster for size comparison. The lower part of this tree is very productive. I should be able to do a comprehensive taste evaluation between all of the pluerries (Candy Heart, Sweet Treat, and Sugar Twist) compared to the Bing, Stella and Coral Champagne (2nd most popular cherry grown in California) along with Nadia.

9 Likes

You’ll need 24/7 security detail on those… I’m jealous. they look great.

4 Likes

One thing I knew their flowers were very cold sensitive up North, but Nadia and Sugar Twist be okay just worry about Candy Heart maybe not. Let’s see for another year.