This is that field now, from about the same location. The weeds have been pulled in the rows, but we need to mow or string trim the outer areas.
The back right corner is just a jungle of lambquarter and other monster weeds.
This is a picture of the three rows of bush cherries that are going to be a long hedge on one property line. The tall ones on the left are Carmine Jewel, the shorter in the foreground are Romeo, and the taller ones on the back right are Juliet.
This is a few Prok Persimmon grafts.
A happy Hachiya persimmon graft.
And a couple Giombo persimmon grafts.
I only did about 20 + persimmon grafts this year, because we had watering issues on the trees, and it looked like many of them might not make it. In June I decided some were going good enough to try grafting, but then I was unfamiliar with persimmon scion wood, and wasn't sure atbthat late date what was viable. Only about half of what I grafted grew, and with a fair number of those that didn't, I lost the rootstock too. I'm glad I waited on most, as next year they will be ready to go at the right time.
Here is a Pink Princess with a few apples on it.
Another thing that slowed me down this spring was starting a 40 week project almost 17 weeks ago. January is a great time for a new addition, but I still lacked a bit of energy this spring.