Peaches, poultry, and pizza!

Delightful is a good word for it!
I can almost taste it looking at it. :smiley:

The only peaches I have now are pretty mild. I’m going to try another when some tangier peaches come off.

I’m glad you liked it!

1 Like

some people have it all. I would be happy as a clam with just two of the three.

2 Likes

I can taste it too! Yum

1 Like

I could have just kept right on eating it until it was gone, but I have this really awesome self control…

Anyway, she said she wished she’d have used light brown sugar instead of the dark that we had open already. She also cut the baking powder form 1 1/4, to 3/4 tsp. She says she thinks too much of that stuff and she can taste a bitterness. (I doubt I could but if she says she can…)

In preparation for the cake making, I told her that since I still had a pot of boiling water from my jam operation, that I’d blanch the peaches for her cake.

It called for 2 cups, and she actually made two cakes…

So I blanched and cut up 4 cups. There was just no way to use them all. I bet only slightly over a cup per 9" cake was used.

So…, I stirred in a very little bit of sugar and fruit fresh on the leftovers and covered them and put them in the refrigerator to cool down and had them on vanilla ice cream. WOW was that a nice tide-me-over while I awaited the cakes to cook and cool …

4 Likes

Alright, you’re making me hungry now, and cake is not what I’m supposed to eat for dinner! Lol

The peaches on ice cream sound amazing too, but then peaches are my favorite.

Those cakes are picture perfect!
We didn’t have brown sugar, so used organic cane sugar. It isn’t quite white, but pretty close. We tried a little cinnamon and nutmeg on one. They were all tasty, and gone fast. If I only made one, we’d call it teasing. One nine inch cake cut into ten pieces equals protests from the cake lovers.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert! If you are short on time buy either a yellow cake or white cake mix and pour the batter over your peaches and light brown sugar! Works every time. I am not a mix person, but sometimes you’re in a bind! No bitterness. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

When given my druthers, I make everything from scratch, even grinding wheat, BUT, when I make cakes for decorating, I use cake mixes. They hold up better and are more consistent. Now, I do doctor them up and I make sure any paying customers know what they’re getting. No shame in cake mix! Especially with butter frosting…

4 Likes

Thanks for posting the link about the peach upside down cake. I am up to my ears in peaches from my Reliance tree. Very good crop. After canning peach jam, and making both fresh and baked peach pies, tonight sounds like it will be peach upside down cake!

3 Likes

You are more then welcome! That sounds like a great plan to me. :smile:

I get to go look at a horse with my daughter, so it’ll be an easy dinner tonight for us.

1 Like

I too love the recipe . Will try it with white nectarines this weekend .

1 Like

Here are a few Silver Logan peaches. These got eaten in breakfast cereal, but some are going to have to go into an upside down cake.
These have a lot of tang and flavor, and they sized up really well for being on a young, small (maybe 6’ tall) tree. These are going to be one of my favorites!

7 Likes

They are a great shade of red. I only have one small ‘black boy’ peach on my tree and I can’t wait to cut it in half.

2 Likes

My own peaches. I was too slow with the camera., someone grabbed a bite. Thanks to @joleneakamama

6 Likes

My neighbor made one yesterday. She said it lasted all of six minutes!

That sure looks tasty! Glad you liked it. :smile:

1 Like

Jolene,
Thank you very much for the recipe. DH made one tonight.

6 Likes