I totally agree with what Alan says, pruning is necessary I would say vital, to control tree vigor, regardless of the variety. For me, the ideal pattern is the franc, for its compatibility and vigor although it has many shortcomings such as being susceptible to disease, in my area is great.
Why pruning is necessary ?. There are several principles:
1) The air and light food and favor the growth of the organs of branches of a tree.
2) The highest parts of the branches, are better fed than the lower parts.
3) The development of vegetative organs and reproductive organs compete with each other.
4) The different parts of branches are integral to each other
5) buds located on the branches at locations where the flow of crude wise is important to evolve towards timber production, transforming into outbreaks. Here comes into play summer pruning, in order to eliminate effect of pacifiers and its reduction in the coming years, cutting two buds.
6) The buds properly fed raw sap, although well provided elaborate sap, transform easily into darts and flower buds.
It also cures winter crop protection products are essential to prevent disease and hatching eggs of parasites that attack the tree in spring.
The problem that Clark poses with deer is difficult to remove, and proposes a vérticarl tree growth, to prevent deer fruit are eaten and broken branches, but extension cord term, Clark will have to collect the fruit with helicopter, the most practical solution it would be the enclosure of the garden with a fence 2 meters high, to prevent deer could enter.
Traductor de Google para empresas:Google Translator ToolkitTraductor de sitios webGlobal Market Finder