Peppers too hot

What hot ones do you have?

My hottest was not Habanero or Serrano, but Bulgarian Carrot. It has an instant in-your-face heat that is for a hot pepper connisseur like me quite potent.

I imagine those 7-pots I’m planning on growing next year will be even more potent.

The below are peppers I will be using.

Bhut Jolokia. 1,002,304 Scovilles
Orange Habanero 150,000 Scovilles
Caribbean Red. 260,000 Scovilles

2 Likes

!!!

Good luck, bro. Be sure to use gloves when you cut those bad boys up.

Not me, I will pass that on to my wife! :joy::joy::joy:

Honestly, we’ve done this for years. We mostly make hot garlic, hot mustard, and dry the rest for a hot dry seasoning.

You make your own mustard? That sounds interesting. What goes into it?

I grew two orange Hab plants this year, and yes they’re hot, but nearly as much as I was expecting. My Jalapeño’s were almost mild hot. So, I don’t know why some of my hot peppers weren’t.

We had a wet start of the summer, but it really dried out and was warm In Aug and Sept, so you’d think that weather might’ve helped with the heat.

I have some hot peppers in the frig that I need to dehydrate before they ruin. Maybe tomorrow.

We grew way too many peppers this year, and had a huge crop. So, next year we won’t grow as many.

Peppers which are too hot to eat. Carolina reapers. I think I will try to make a bug repellent from them. I hope they eventually dry out this way. They make pretty decorations.

5 Likes

It’s more of a relish, use anything from banana peppers to whatever peppers suit you.

1 quart yellow mustard
1 quart cider vinegar
6 cups sugar
1 1⁄4 cups flour
1 1⁄2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt

Wife says this is the base of it but larger volumes and a dash more here and there.

1 Like

For recipes with peppers check the peppadew website. I only tried a few, some good ones in there. I have some Spanish Mammoths to use.

The plant is done, hit by frost. I’ll have to use the peppers half ripe, which is fine! these are great! 7 peppers left on the plant. It produced about 15, a good year! If I get 10 I’m happy!

3 Likes

Wife said to give you this:

Hot Pepper Butter

36 hot peppers. Seeds and all ground fine in blender

1 quart mustard=4 cups or 32 oz

1 quart cider vinegar

1 tablespoon salt

6 cups sugar

Bring to boil 5 minuets

Add 1 1/2 cups flour mix 1 1/4 cups cold water to thicken, Mix well and put in with vinegar mixture. Stir until thickened.

Put in jars and process in water bath 10min.

Freezes well to.

3 Likes

What do you call this?

I call it mustard relish, she calls it hot mustard. Her recipe calls it butter. She just said I could call it whatereve I want. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks to you and your Mrs. I’ll pass it along to the Doodette. Unfortunately we’ve already used most of our hot peppers. But we’ll try it next year. Thanks for sharing.

Maria,

I cannot believe you have dozens of Carolina Reapers casually strung up in your living room.

Each one of them packs 1.5 Million Scoville units. It’s the 3rd hottest pepper known to science.

Don’t touch your eyes after handling those baddies. You’ll burn your eyes out!

Yes, I know. I grew it mostly out of curiosity. I cut some of them in halves and dried. I even made a pint of a sauce out of them. It is VERY hot sauce. The fumes when I cooked it were crazy strong. I gave a bag of them to our Indian friends who did not believe me at first when I told them that they are very hot. For some reason Carolina reaper does not burn skin as much as my other peppers, but I am still very careful not to touch the eyes.

1 Like