Pictures of Pear flower buds

Does anyone have any pics of Seckel or Bartlett or Flemish Beauty flower buds. I need a frame of reference. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

1 Like

I have a small limb of Seckel that is blooming right now. If this will help I can post it tomorrow. This is the first year for it to have fruit so I can’t totally be certain of the variety being accurate. Bill

Sure I can get you pictures of Bartlett flowers tomorrow or the next day if you want I have a 30’ tree.

I need the picture of the buds not the flowers. Thanks all.

I will check if any are still closed but I think they are all open.

Mrsg47, here are a few closed buds on my Seckel:

Thanks so Much HQ!

1 Like

Mrsg47,
Here are a few Bartlett buds I found still closed

1 Like

Is it typical for the pollen sacks on the anther tips to be various colors or does this depicted a bloom stage? Pattys seckel pictures appears to have oink colored pollen on the anther tips but clarks barlett pictures appear to have black or some darker colored pollen. The pollen on my flavor kind pluot has yellow/gold colored pollen.

Clark thanks so much, were these large pointed buds before the flowers pushed?

Mrsg47,
I can’t recall if they were large pointed buds. Some pears I know for sure are but this tree I don’t get to very often because its old enough were it needed only one pruning cut.

@mrsg47
Do you need more pictures this year?

1 Like

Great plan I usually post a few pictures of pears but details to help out new members sounds like a great project. The problem is usually the busiest time is the best time to take pictures.

1 Like

Always need more!

1 Like