Planting out tomatoes and other veggies thread 2017

Doesn’t discourage the squirrels

Me and the Mrs were down by the barn this evening doing a bit of mowing and landscaping around the pumpkin patch. I thought I’d check out the peppers since that patch is still going strong. I was surprised to find some ripe red peppers in there and some nice big gold and red Calwonder bells. Here are a few pix:

The big red banana types are Ancient Sweet’s. I tried one with my supper tonight, and it is indeed sweet, and has good flavor. Most of the bananas are bland, but I liked these. I think we’ll grow these and the Beaver Dam reds next year, they’re so good.

I noticed that my two habanero plants have some nice ripe orange peppers on it, and I was very surprised to see that my mild Scotch Bonnet plant is finally producing. I don’t know what color they are when ripe, tho there are some that are red. @thepodpiper, can you very their ripe color? Looks like I also have a bunch of ripe yellow Hungarian Carrot’s and Padron, too. The Ancho Mulato plants are also putting out a good number of fruits. Guess we’ll need to be picking a bunch of peppers soon.

4 Likes