Please Help me ID unknown tornless trailing blackberry

I’m majid zamani, I am growing a cultivar of blackberry in Iran. But unfortunately I do not know what that cultivar is. Only I know that it is a tornless trailing blackberry. Please guide me.

more pictures in :
www.instagram.com/irantameshk

6 Likes

It looks to me to be semi erect rather than trailing. Perhaps one of the University of Arkansas varieties.

3 Likes

What and where was the original (nursery or wholesaler) source of the plants?

I agree with fruitnut that they are not trailing, they are semi-erect. Given that you are in Iran my guess is you have a European variety there. Loch Ness looks something like your berries for example. It could also be one of the Arkansas thornless berries as some of those have spread widely: Apache, Arapaho, or Navaho for example.

1 Like

In Iran,
There are some blackberry cultivars in Iran that grown in courtyards of the houses. I replicated one of them. And for the first time I built a blackberry garden. Iranian agricultural research centers do not know it.
I need to know this cultthis cultivar for development of the gardens.

Pictures : today(21 oct 2017)

1 Like

In another current forum topic, you refer to blackberry seedlings more than once. If this was your method of replication, and from home courtyard garden fruits, then there is no way to tell the exact variety. If these local courtyard fruits are the only variety of blackberry growing for miles around, then your seedlings may be nearly true to those, you would have to research the origin of them.

Are all of these courtyard plants from seed also, or do people replicate via tip roots or cuttings and then give them to each other?

Or, did you select a particular courtyard fruit because they were superior to most other yard’s fruits?

If you want to keep this unknown variety going, replicate it via a vegetative process like those mentioned above, rather than by seed.