Sea Buckthorn products

Apparently the males are taller because the pollen is gravity and wind dispensed like corn.

2 Likes

The seaberry are planted in 5 gallon buckets for now. Nice big plants! They should grow like crazy since I planted them in composted cow manure. It’s very dry right now since we are in a severe drought so planting them in the ground isnt possible.

2 Likes

This one is delish.
47% Sea Buckthorn juice overpowers the apple puree.

Served with Lamb, goat chese and vegitables.

5 Likes

How to collect it faster

https://youtu.be/XGSev9IOrR8

5 Likes

1 Like

This year’s harvest is very good

10 Likes

@clarkinks How did sea buckthorn work out in KS?

2 Likes

That’s really clever!

1 Like

I was thinking, with so many berries, how to pick it up faster. No one in the family wanted to collect it. I got the idea with that tweezers and a thin string of lawn mowers. If there is a large harvest, I will use this tool. All you have to do is get a little practice and it’s a joy. Of course, it also depends on the variety and the degree of ripening. There is a problem with overripe berries. varieties with a longer stalk are harvested better. Then just process it. There is a lot of it and that is why we put the amount first in the freezer box and later, when it is time, it is sorted and processed. We have been doing this like this for years and I wanted to share this idea here as well, if it will help someone and make collection easier.

4 Likes

They do not like the climate here. They did stay alive for awhile.

2 Likes