Some pictures of figs, 2015

I will ask you again about this in the fall. I have to keep Barnisotte on the want list! You’re not helping me here!

You’re not helping either! What a beautiful fig Panache is! Added to want list then.
On top of that I read Black Madeira is late, but not too late, so it may produce some here. Darn, the list is getting longer not shorter! It’s cold hardy too.
Man this is killing me!
This year though I cannot start one more fig, I was out of room 3 figs ago! Next year they will be in the garage and not taking my lights up! Of course the car cannot go in the garage anymore! (I have a van, it doesn’t fit anyway).

I felt the same way. I never grew figs before now I have five on the way. My husband will be cross-eyed! :rage:

Yeah although even if a month later here, that would be in prime time here. so it’s OK. Desert King works here, yes, it’s very cold hardy. The only cuttings that failed for me this year. I have to wait till next year to try again.

Black Madeira takes forever to ripen and didn’t develop enough sweetness in cool weather at the end of the season for me, I gave it to my brother who disregarded my advice to wait until spring to plant or keep in a container and the polar vortex got it. I don’t miss it, hope that helps :wink:

Yes, especially the wallet! You’re on my good list again :grin:

He may be,until trying some delicious fresh Figs. Brady

mrsg, this has been my first real year growing figs successfully from cuttings. I am stoked. I was going to order some different varieties, but,. I was boggled with all the varieties… Lol. I need to see how well my rooted cuttings do after this winter first. I only have so much room in my new GH and sunroom. Plus I have citrus etc…

A sunroom AND a greenhouse? You are living the dream!

Yes, the GH is made of mostly recycled materials. We collected and saved the sliding glass doors and windows for 20 years. We built it in 2008. The GH is 12x18 and unheated. I love it! It extends my season by at least 3 months. It is nice. I should find a picture to post.

The sunroom is also made with recycled sliding doors. We built it onto the south/east side of our home last fall. It is 10x14. It is really nice. We still need to insulate underneath though. We can walk through our bedroom into the sunroom. I put in some Mexican tile for the floor. We still have a bit more interior work to do, like install some shelves for pots, and a potting bench etc…

3 Likes

nice photos