Spray amounts guide

Thanks, edited it to say Infuse now…

@scottfsmith @Drew51 Which Nu Film product do you use? I found one called Nu Film P and another called Nu Film 17 (could not find a difference in product description). Do you get it from Martin’s? or is there a cheaper source?

Yeah one bottle lasts years! I use the 17 product. It’s not cheap! Best price I found was at Orchardvalley, I also bought all my trellis supplies there, good place!

1 Like

The P is for closer to harvest, I also use 17.

If you bought a jug you could probably sell of splits of it as plenty of people are probably looking for a smaller quantity of it.

1 Like

I’d be interested.
I went ahead and bought a Bonide Turbo sticker.
I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on a sticker that lasts a life time since I only have couple of trees.

@Susu If you are offering me to get some of yours,that would be unfortunate, as I just ordered NuFilm 17 based on the above recommendations. But if it’s vice versa, I’d be happy to share with you some of mine.

I am open to sharing with anyone who lives within an hour driving distance from Wilmington, Delaware.

In the current Indar thread, someone mentioned the rate of 1 tsp/gallon

Above, it says 1/4 tsp/gallon

Can anyone confirm either?

1 Like

Scott said in the other thread that 1/4 tsp was right

I’m writing that down on my copy of the label

1 Like

Not sure if this link has already been referenced yet, but it seems like a very good tutorial for backyard peach/plum disease and pest control using readily available retail products.

Also available as a pdf:

2 Likes

There is a general resources page which lists such stuff, it looks like it was not there so I added it!

1 Like

I could not find an entry for Ziram in the spray amounts guide. Does anyone know the amount of Ziram to mix per gallon for Apples and Peaches? The amount from the label is 1 1/2 lbs per 100 gallons for apples and 1 1/2 to 2 2/3rd lbs per 100 gallon for peaches (East of Rockies - Peach Scab/Brown Rot).

Someone can correct me but the math is:

24 ounces (1.5 pounds) x .01 = .24 and I rounded to .25

So .25 ounces per gallon = 1.5 tsp per gallon as a liquid fungicide.

I don’t know if it would be the same for dry measurements. One would think yes but I’m not sure.

Dax

I think I have understood from Olpea that liquid and dry don’t equal. I have a small scale on order, I will measure out one ounce for 4 gallons which is the size of my backpack sprayer and see how many tsp/tbsp it equals. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

A guide from the University of Kentucky that has spray rates per gallon for some commercial insecticides/fungicides including Imidan, Lorsban, Ambush, etc.

HO-83.pdf (166.1 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks, I put that in the wiki. Too bad they don’t have a similar liquid chemicals page, its dry powders only

Spud

The rate for Ziram 76DF is around 6 pounds/acre for apples. The 1 1/2 pound rate for 100 gallons on the label comes from an assumed 400 gallon per acre spray rate and may be too low if you are not spraying 400 GPA.

For comparison purposes the rate for Captan 50WP is about 6 pounds/acre too (4-8 pounds/acre on label) so if you have determined the proper rate for Captan then the rate for Ziram should be about the same.

Ziram is very dusty when mixed just like Captan and can cause sever eye damage so I always wear eye protection. Same for Captan 50 WP.

2 Likes

I use Ziram on peaches some. For peaches the max rate is 8 lbs. per acre. At a full dilute spray of 250 gal/acre that would equate to about 1/2 ounce of Ziram per gal of water.

I haven’t weighed Ziram to find out how it converts to a volumetric measurement like teaspoons or tablespoons.

I was looking at ordering Imidan from Keystone, and saw they no longer ship it. Now has to be shipped haz-mat.
https://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/imidan-insecticide-70-w-5-pounds-399

Bound to happen eventually. Avaunt works well for PC and most other common apple pests and is a lot easier to handle. The label says can only be used for agricultural applications, which means you have to “plan” to sell some of your crop- I believe that’s the extent of it. It’s not restricted last I checked.

3 Likes

Does anyone know the ratio of Luna Experience to mix - per gallon of H20?
I am dyslexic with anything to do with numbers . . . and dismal at math computations beyond basic stuff - and don’t know how to do the computations. :upside_down_face:
Please - no lectures . . . . just the amount to add to a gallon of water. Thanks.

2 Likes