Strange weather - Will it get our blooms and fruit?

Ok by me, keep those trees asleep as long as possible.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Showing snow/rain maybe Thursday…temps in the 30Fs…of course Minneapolis stays dry again. I was listening to the radio …MSP had some crazy low amount of snow this winter.

Its been between 37F and 43F for nearly 100 hours straight here… i need some sun.

I had a dream last night that my wife told me 11" of snow was forecast this week. :grimacing:

Fortunately it was just a dream :grin: I did double check the weather this morning just to be sure. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

The weather here in Maine has been miserable although it was a nice weekend…sunny and around 40 yesterday. Today we are back to winter around 30 and a coating of ice over everything.

Didn’t have any freezing weather here in North Texas lately (last freeze was Jan 3…set a record), but what we had last night was pretty bad. Just shy of tennis ball sized hail for a steady 2 mins. Checked my small orchard and a few branches were removed, but the small fruit and blooms looked ok from what I can tell. Will need a new roof for sure though.

11 Likes

I think they are called nightmares! :wink:

3 Likes

If i want to believe the afternoon weather models…maybe a stretch of 60Fs coming up starting next weekend… maybe.

I hope for no more snow, but its not even April yet. I think we avg a few inches every April.

So here I am in Pontoon Beach, IL right across the Mississippi from St. Louis. Who lives here?

Weather is mild and looks like it rained recently. Almost all the trees look asleep.

The rain came through here last night headed that way.

Looks like more rain here Thurs… Weekend still looks dry and slow warm up. Must have 60Fs…need warmth for walks and bike rides.

Fog this morning. River valley+recent rain+32F temps=fog monster.

The clouds suck! But whatever. My plants are getting far enough along that they are welcome. I’d be perfectly OK if we didn’t see the sun until 4/30. Wet and clouds sure help keep the radiational-cooling-fruit-destroying monster away.

I was out walking around. Noticing movement on the cots even with all this cold weather. It won’t take much heat to push stuff fast this time of year.

More rain the next 4 days. The grounds is too wet to dig. I guess I will have to stick with potting up all the figs cuttings.

Tony

Waiting for apple grafting time

Also to see if last summer’s buds will actually come alive first - it’s not looking like they will

Ana pple that is in a container in the garage is already pushing green leaves…weird because the pluots/peaches etc are all just starting to show signs of life…must require less heat or something to wake up. Its a seedling…of some sort…maybe HC…who knows anymore. I lost so many labels. I swear trolls or gnomes take them while i sleep.

4 Likes

In fact, Weather Underground is currently forecasting that we will get over a foot of snow here in Western MA this weekend.

Hoping this is just a meteorologist’s idea of an April fool’s joke…

Lookslike the April Showers are showing up a day or so early

https://weather.com/maps/24hoursnowfallestimate

1 Like

Thanks for posting that, AJ (I think…) If that map proves accurate, we are going to get whomped.

It should melt off quick this time of year. The real problem, it is on the weekend. For at least a month now, the weekdays in the northeast have been relative nice but the weekends have been miserable. :unamused: