Sugar Twist Pluerry

I’m still waiting for my reply from Raintree Nursery. Hopefully they give me good news.

When did you placed your order?

Try Sanhedrin Nursery, it’s still listed on their website.

I got the email from Bay Laurel as well stating they do not have my Sugar Twist pluerry. They did the same thing to me last year with the Candy Heart.
I did have a back-up order with Womack’s nursery here in Texas but I imagine they will be hit with the same shortage.

I didn’t order it, I always get down to the nursery as soon as the bare roots are in. They ordered Sugar Twist but received none. They did have the new Ghost apple but that doesn’t really interest me.

I emailed Raintree Nursery about my Pluerry order, and this is what they replied,
“I have looked over your order and unfortunately we have reduced your
amount from 3 to 1. This is because there is a short supply. Sorry for
the inconvenience. You may add another variety on your order.”

Sounds like you’ll still get one so that’s good news. Are there any reviews of the fruit out there?

1 Like

No reviews yet.

I ordered mine since early August 16. Only 1 Sugar Twist and some Straw berry, and did not receive any of email from Raintree so far for shortage of supply . Do you think my order be ok ? Thanks.

I emailed them to confirm about the shortage and they said it was true, but since I ordered mine early, August, they said that my order was safe, however, I will only receive 1 out of 3 that I had ordered. They refunded the money from the other two.

I also ordered one in November for my friend, and they told me he will get his.

So I’m sure you will get yours. But if you are unsure, send them an email.

Thank you Ulises. I think they tried to keep at least 1 Sugar Twist for every orders. Mine is safe as well, I won’t need to call or email them. Hopefully it comes very soon. Thank again for all info. Have a nice day.

1 Like

My local Summerwinds nursery has 4-5 Sugar Twist Pluerries for sale. All are whips just like the other Pluerries. For that matter, all trees seemed of a smaller size this year!

I got mine from Westurf Nursery in Modesto a week ago, they had a couple more, all tiny whips.

That’s my impression as well. Also root systems are rather poor.

The one I picked up (after searching all over) has a nice root system and a nice structure.

4 Likes

I found the case to be the same with 6GM25 – whips, not much roots.

My sugar twist ordered since August 2016 from Raintree will delivery tomorrow , so excited .

1 Like

I have good and bad news:

The good news is that Icontacted Raintree Nursery about my order, and they replied that it was shipped yesterday.

The bad news is that I didn’t received any shipping notification from them. I always get a notification from them, but not this time. So I just emailed them a couple of minutes ago, and ask them if it’s possible to send me the tracking number.

Your shipping will come even you did not get notice from them.
Do you know some reason I can not load the picture any more?

My Sugar Twist came about 4 ft whip.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to hearing how this variety tastes.

Dax

2 Likes