Suggestion Box

I have a thought, as we are all here for one basic reason, to learn about growing fruit. There will always be opinions but be kind in your words and think before you write. Should you feel that your comment might turn into a ‘flame thrower’, then don’t say it. I suggest PM-ing the people you agree with as to opposing opinions that are aggressive. Opposing opinions are good, if there is hands on experience with the fruit or veg. Rather than posting websites with back up info (anyone can google by the way) discuss your opinion from having grown the fruit or veg. I also suggest all experiments are welcome, they are interesting to many. Not me, but then remember you don’t have to pay attention to what does not interest you. Maybe Scott should set up a ‘suggestion box’ with messages that are PM’ed to him, instead of going public and fanning a fire? Rules just might be a good thing. Scott set up this site to help us, not for snapping at one another. The private message is where you can let it rip if you so desire. I prefer to participate in adding comments to fruit or vegetables I have had experience with. I have been growing vegetables and small fruits since I was four years old. There are a lot of people with 'growing, hybridizing, experience, etc. Its a good group. If you haven’t noticed, I have, a few people have dropped out recently and I miss them. Tony for example had a great holiday post of his home and Christmas tree. Did the only follow up reply have to be a pine tree with three tin cans on it? This is not even humor. It is lack of respect. Lets get back to the integrity of our information and good behavior back into this forum. I hope you all take this constructively.

1 Like

I’m sorry that you felt that my tin can tee was disrespectful, not my intention at all. I really liked Tony’s post and made a tree with the only thing I had just to join in the spirit of the holiday. I can see how you might have felt that way , it was the only shiny items I had , I apologize if you found it in poor tast. i agree it is always best to be civil in our disagreements.

For what it’s worth Derby, I did not take it that way! I loved your tree as well! :smile:

Jennifer

1 Like

Derby, I also enjoyed your tree.

One fundamental problem with online forums is us humans are used to lots of facial and body gestures to help understand what the person is meaning, and they are missing here. So, misunderstandings are part of the process.

Loved the tin can Christmas tree and Tony’s tree also.

I agree compleatly, I work in sales service currently and sometimes you just can’t send an e-mail that conveys your empathy to a bad situation.

I liked the tin can tree as well…!! Don’t see it reflecting on Tony.

1 Like

I liked the tin can tree too, but also agree with Mrs G’s fundamental point: Let’s be excellent to each other.

7 Likes

Ok, so if you liked Tony’s tree and you have one please post it! What about the more important points.

1 Like

People always seem to get a bit edgey heading into the Holidays.

3 Likes

Everybody should have an eggnog, and be thankful we have this forum.

7 Likes

Spiked of course :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Is there another kind?? Lol,

1 Like

Yes, there is pre-spiked.

2 Likes

How about some hard spiced cider heated up piping hot? MrsG I thought your important points are good ones and well intended. Spoken from the heart. Derby I know you had good intentions and made me smile. We don’t have a tree or anything up so I will admire Tony’s for now!

When I first saw the picture of Derby’s Xmas tree with tin cans, I laughed. It was funny and clever. Now that Mrs. G. pointed out the other side, I can see how it could be the wrong way.

Someone mentioned on one thread that sometimes things could turn personal because people may want to have the last word or to save face. I feel that way sometimes when I perceive a slight on this forum or anywhere else.

I am working on holding my tongue/keyboard and think twice before I respond (it’s very hard to do).

Hopefully, we all be civil to one another. Keep calm and carry on.

4 Likes

Yup

“Everybody should have an eggnog, and be thankful we have this forum.”

Yup

Derby if I offended you I am sorry. Tis the season! :blush:

1 Like

No appolligy needed, but very kind of you to post. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like