Suggestions, changes, what's working and what isn't so far?

Anyone else have any ideas? I’m a Mac person so I’m not very helpful here.

The back button seems to be working again, but the adds are still there, even after running a scan.

Ray, Malwarebytes is really one of the preeminent products. I would contact their Customer Support and see if they can help you out. They are a very good company and do a good job supporting their customers.

I use F-Secure on my Unix and Microsoft systems with excellent results.

Ray,is Adblock Plus on your computer?That helped people on GW.It’s free and may be something to try. Brady

Brady,
I’ve never heard of of it, but I’ll check it out. The ads seem to be
coming from Firefox.

I’m having no trouble with Chrome.

Well, I’ve downloaded Adblock Plus and it’s eliminated all of the ads that I get
on other sites, except this one, and now the back button doesn’t work at all, but
only on this site. It works on all other sites. Go figure.

That’s interesting.Where do they show up on a page and what kind of ads are they?I just moved the mouse cursor over the Adblock Plus icon and it showed 0 out of 980 blocked items,so it’s not blocking anything here.I’m using Firefox also. Brady

The ads usually appear on the task bar at the bottom of the screen next to the start button, and are usually for TV shows. But some ads are on the right of the screen as miniature version video ads like the ones you see on UTube. I’m getting one right now that says Watch The Jackie… Its from Crackle, whatever that is.

That’s sort of like some of the ads I get when using some apps on my smart phone/phablet. Brady

I downloaded Windows Defender after reading a ton of reviews and trying out a bunch of free adware that simply ran their own ads and blocked others.
I have no ads, pop ups and it runs silently and unobtrusively in the task bar. I’m not a “computer” guy, but I like this software so far.
Oh…and the best part is that it’s totally free. Don’t ask me how or why they provide this as I’m still waiting to find out, but nearly 1 year in, all is well.

Sometimes I go to the Houzz site and then see how easier it is to navigate at this one.Thanks for setting things up and to the designers of the software. Brady

2 Likes

Among the notifications received under the notification icon in the banner bar, I get “system” notifications about my own posts. It’s not very useful – but a very minor issue.

Richard, I don’t get those and it sounds like a bug perhaps. If you notice a pattern of when they are appearing let me know and I will try to repeat it.

Thanks @Bradybb! The designers of this software are a step ahead of the other forum software programs I feel. They still need to work on the look to get more options, but the engine is great.

1 Like

It happens when I add a post to a thread I created. Here’s an example:

Hmm, it looks like the system is editing the post, thats what the pencil means.

Reading up on it, apparently if you give a URL for an image the system will later upload it and save a local copy. At that point your post is edited by the system to change the image reference to the local copy.

Reading some more, there is a setting where I can quiet any system edits and I just enabled that option. So hopefully that solved the problem. Thanks for the detailed report!

1 Like

What changes just took place? Icons are now cut back to circles. You have become scottfsmit… . Olpea is now Olpe… , and Alan has become Ala… Fruitnut is now Fruitnu… All the admins have had their names truncated. What else is happening and why?

I’m not seeing truncation of admin names.

Richard, do they still have their little banner emblem after their names for you? That’s gone as well on mine.