Suggestions, changes, what's working and what isn't so far?

The banner (shield) is also there. Avatars though are circles. :slight_smile:

I did not see truncation of their names. The banner( shield) is still there

The system updated last night, and the Powers the Be seem to have decided that icons will be circular. There might be a setting to change it back if people donā€™t like the circles.

I donā€™t know what the truncation is, it could be something from the previous version left in your browser. Maybe logging out or clearing cookies will fix it.

Or you could just change your last name to Smit. :smile:

If I were to log out I would have to go the embarrassing route of ā€œForgot Password?ā€ since I use different unrelated and unstored passwords for everything and never can remember any of them except the ones I use for bill paying.

2 Likes

geez.

Scott, I am now seeing truncation just this morning. I donā€™t think itā€™s something left over. Iā€™ve cleared my cache. The circular icons are what we get, donā€™t see any options to change that, but the truncation has got to go.No rhyme or reason - some are truncated, some are not. Not a matter of # of characters. Alan is truncated to Alaā€¦ and you are, but MuddyMessa_8a shows in its entirety. In fact, for part of yesterday, the groupā€™s title disappeared as well, for me.

Patty, the only names truncated for me are the admins. It might have something to do with the badge symbol that is supposed to follow their names. The final letter of each of their names and the badges are dropped and replaced with ā€¦

Iā€™m using Windows 7 and Firefox.

Iā€™m using Chrome on Windows desktop and an Android Smartphone. No truncation or label drops here.

No truncating here - Chrome & Windows Desktop

Mike

Muddy, same for me. Using Windows 8.1 and Firefox. It appears to be an issue with Firefox. No truncation using IE.

I use Firefox and donā€™t see any irregularities. Brady

What version number of Firefox are you folks using?

If you can get me your firefox versions and put a screenshot here of what it looks like I will report it as a bug. It doesnā€™t seem to be a reported bug now.

Developing web software today is a mess, every browser is slightly different and the standards are all fuzzy. Its amazing anything as complex as this site can work.

Scott, I just updated my Mac Firefox to 38.0.1 and the truncation went away. Iā€™ll check my pc during lunch, try to update it, and see if that also fixes the truncation. Okay, pc is now running 38.0.5 (up to date), but truncation persists.

Please put a screenshot here if you know how to do that and I will file a report. I think they believe its really a bug if they see it.

Sure, Scott, hereā€™s what I see:

1 Like

Thanks, bug reported. Will let you know what happens.

Scott,

Is there a way to see a list of all of the members like on the Ourfigs forum?

Ray

Like this?

http://growingfruit.org/users

BTW while I am writing, the bug of the ā€œā€¦ā€ truncation has been reported but they donā€™t seem to know the source yet. Someone else had reported the same bug.

Not really, they have an alphabetical member list that is easily accessible at the top of the home page. They also show every member, by name, that is on line and how many visitors are on line.