That Day Has Come

I pruned my Spice Zee Nectaplum hard as it had diseased branches all over. The result was optimum fruit set and they are big!

14 Likes

Dang Vinod,

This thread’s killing me. Such fabulous fruit. I’ll bet it’s killing you a bit too :relaxed:

Dax

3 Likes

Ah, heck. Just stay put!

3 Likes

I am with you. One of reasons that I stay there I am now is I can’t part to my fruit trees.

2 Likes

Harvested all of my Cot N Candies. These are sooo much better than previous years. @fruitnut, you ought to try this one again.

11 Likes

CNC got 10 yrs of my fruit life. That’s all it needs. There are much better cots for my conditions.

1 Like

Yeah 10 years is way too long for poor results. I couldn’t get Orangered to fruit in my now low chill area!

1 Like

I personally like flavor delight better than cot n candy. I ripped out cot n candy this past year.

2 Likes

IMO, Orangered has the best flavor of all early season apricots, but it has been a shy producer (3rd year in the ground, 2nd year fruiting, so still has time to improve). I’m considering adding one more Orangered tree to have more of these fruits in late May - early June.

2 Likes

I love orcharding and things just like lots of people here but just like monetary junk, you can’t take it with you. Legacy is built in a family, keep it strong and you live on.

Good luck @bleedingdirt!

5 Likes

Magnificent! You’re making me cry!

Sorry, MrsG, wish I could send you some.

1 Like

House is sold! I recorded a walk through for memories’ sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfWIw99TVQ

26 Likes

The buyers are sure lucky

3 Likes

Now you’re really making me cry. Fabulously, healthy trees filled with beautiful fruit. Do another walk through,please this time talk about your trees! You will be happy you did! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: So well done!

4 Likes

So sad to see this.

Now now…it’s just a new opportunity for me. Hopefully, I won’t make the same mistakes!

4 Likes

That’s right. All new mistakes this time!

2 Likes

Have you already bought a new house? What’s the plot size?

Not yet. It’ll be smaller most probably.