Ts hardy aka ts-hardy aka tshardy aka TS Hardy pear

I don’t know much about this pear but the graft on ornamental pear is growing great.

4 Likes

The trees I have grafted of TS Hardy have always been vigorous growers and I havent seen any disease on them. Yet to get any pears off of my older ones though.

2 Likes

I am not sure what type of root stockthis is. It came from some type of ornamental pear my grand pa planted. This root stock was what appeared to be a sucker . There were dozens under each tree. The parent tree was very tall , this may grow into a big tree

1 Like

@Derby42
Jason,
Figure you should be getting pears this year or next. Got some ts hardy pears last year and this year they are loaded up with fruit buds again. Got my scion wood from @TurkeyCreekTrees years ago.

On August 24th 2019. Various pears were picked. The far left is left Drippin Honey , unknown pear variety (middle), ts hardy (right side)

Wanted to let everyone know what to expect on ripening time, appearance etc since ive not seen or heard much about these pears

3 Likes

Yes, it looks like it , it actually bloomed last year but didn’t set fruit, the tree is pretty young still

1 Like

@Derby42

Ts hardy always have that characteristic sooty blotch on the skin. They are easy to grow and produce quickly. There is nothing remarkable about the pear but its important to note they are easy to grow and highly disease resistant. If your in a marginal area like mine and need a canning pear look no further. Before someone mentions it i know improved kieffer, kieffer and others much better exist so why ts hardy? The answer i believe is because its ripening time is different. Noone wants all their pears at once and late august is not a busy time for pears here. For that reason i have a large branch left to ts hardy but no more than 50 pears a year.

1 Like

Today is April 7th 2023. The pear is heavy with fruit blooms again like every year. TS hardy is a consistent producer of pears. Don’t overlook this variety. If your looking for a soft fresh eating pear this is not that pear. There are many of those types we can recommend. This TS Hardy tree is a heavy producer of pears. If your trying to identify it pictures of the fruit , flowers, etc. I posted and times will help you to do that.

2 Likes

Grafting a full tree of these today. Decided i like it well enough since it has never got fireblight i may graft 2 trees of it.

2 Likes