Voluntary donations for Growing Fruit

Donated. Thanks so much for setting up and running the site Scott.

Iā€™m all for the idea of selling extra plants that we have and donating some
or all of the proceeds to the website. The fig forum does this all the time.

Hi Scott,
I gave! It is a real pleasure and a treat to give back to something I truly believe in-and for sure-itā€™s this awesome forum. Thanks always for the opportunity!

Donated. Thank you Scott for all you do.

Awesome forum!

Scott,

Like others I donated even though youā€™d posted you received enough donations to pay for last year and the coming year.

In my mind, the considerable response for one small donation request is a demonstration of the sense of community we have here.

The way this started was almost like magic. If I remember correctly , you started this on a spare computer originally intended as a sort supplement forum to the other fruit forum. But before long just about all the ā€œregularsā€ migrated over here. Now I think itā€™s fair to say this is the most intensely participated fruit forum on the internet (at least in North America).

1 Like

I am making a small donation. Thanks everyone.

Done! Thank you Scott.

My check is in the mail. . We all owe Scott a big thank you.

I came late to the party but I have contributed as well. Thank you Scott for everything you and the admins have done. Greatly appreciated!:hand:

Came to the party late but still made a donation. A big thanks to Scott, the Admins. but also to ALL those that come here and add their knowledge and experience for others!:grinning:

Done!

May I use PayPal Scott? thanks!

Rarely can I say its a real pleasure to spend moneyā€¦but in this case it really was. I didnā€™t care that youā€™d already reached your goal, no way in the world could I just sit here and let others pay for something I use and appreciate so much, and there is no doubt in my mind that Scott will either save the money for future expenses or use it upgrade disk space or bandwidth or anything else in the world he thinks is in the best interest of the site. So do your thing, Scott, and thanks for what youā€™ve done to date.

Muddy- I suspect Iā€™d give you a strong run for your money ā€œas the member who has spend the most hours utilizing growingfruit.org.ā€. If there is something on here that actually does track hours of use for each user, that would be fun to see!

1 Like

Am I the only one where this site is failing to load pages?? Maybe we need more bandwidth now.

Same hereā€¦

No, youā€™re not the only one. Iā€™ve been having to go back a page and try again more frequently each day, it seems. This has only recently become an issue for me.

@mrsg47 - Yes, you can use PayPal through the link in Scottā€™s first post.

@thecityman Kevin, there is a counter for time spent on this site. I really wasnā€™t purely joking around when I said Iā€™ve spent the most time viewing growingfruit.org, and fruitnut has spent the second most. Itā€™s actually true. Take the time youā€™ve spent and multiply it by four and youā€™ll almost catch up. :blush:

I have also noticed this. The load average is not showing to be high. I will probably reboot the computer soon to see if that helps, it is acting like some cache is getting too big.

4th to agree on page loading problems. Poor Scottā€¦the first time (to my knowledge) that he ever so much as MENTIONED donations, and the very next day the site software starts acting upā€¦also for the first time in my experience.

MrsG, I used paypal for mine and it was the easiest thing Iā€™ve ever done. The link has everything set up already, so you just enter your paypal password and an amount and you are done!

Thanks, Muddy, I really would have bet that I was ahead of most peopleā€¦sounds like Iā€™m not the only one who uses this site extensively. Its one guilty pleasure I donā€™t feel guilty about- no calories, no expenses, no hangovers, and no feeling like I just wasted time when I log off (like I get after I watch t.v.),

donated

Donated