Voluntary donations for Growing Fruit

Donated

Up to 2 1/2 years! :smile: August 2018 for the next donations request at this rate.

1 Like

My wife is mailing the check tomorrow, thanks for the site Scott.

Thanks Cityman!

Donatedā€¦Thanks for a great resource!

Contributed. Thank you Scott for everything!

Contributed via paypal yesterday. Thank you everyone for having this wonderful communityā€¦

We are up to $800 and by the time the checks and a few straggler donations roll in I expect it will be $900. So, I am going to set an alarm for Feb 10th 2019 for the next call. Thanks everyone!!

The load on the computer is very low, I would say our biggest limit on the current plan is disk since we have (and want!) a lot of pictures. Fortunately they fixed the software to resize really large pictures down to something reasonable so the rate of increase in disk usage has slowed down a lot. The entire site is now 12GB and we have 40-50GB free so we are hopefully good for three years on the current plan.

1 Like

Would you like me to remember that for you? :wink:

1 Like

If you need a new computer or other hardware Iā€™m sure that can be arranged quickly.

Scott,
I personally think that in addition to paying for the cost of the domain, the money should be used to help upgrade this site in any other way needed.

We will all benefit as the site runs smoothly, meets and exceeds our expectations.

This site is not run on an actual computer, its a virtual machine. So, in 5 minutes I can upgrade to any size ā€œmachineā€ we want :slightly_smiling:

4 Likes

Yet again I underestimated ā€¦ $250 came in in checks (!) and I finally downloaded the actual Paypal data into a spreadsheet and my eyeballings were off a bitā€¦ the overall total is $1200! (well, $1206 to be precise). Yet another year bump, to Feb 2020. Iā€™m going to be an old guy by then! According to the spreadsheet 44 people donated.

6 Likes

Scott,

We all value and appreciate what we have here and thank you for the inspiration to create this place.

Create it and they will come.

Thank you

Mike

Mike

3 Likes

Ok I got in late on this threadā€¦happy to donate of course but is there any reason to at this point? Scott do you need more?

ā€œ2020: A Fruit Odyssey!ā€ cue theme music

2 Likes

i was early on this thread, but confess quite late sending the check.

already signed, sealed, but yet to be delivered. Will have mailed it by fri, i promise!

btw, year 2020 sure gives all of us here a bit of a leeway. Hopefully all of us oldies are still ā€˜alive and kickingā€™ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s only 4 years. Itā€™s likely to take longer than that for some of the things I plant this spring to produce fruit.

1 Like

patience is a virtue. And that virtue, you certainly have

for the old and the restless like myself, there aint much audacity of hope lol

1 Like

:wink: Perhaps more optimism than patience.