What fruits did you eat today?

Dave Wilson information has the Crimson Royale pluot about 23 brix and crunchy.They probably aren’t sold to the general public though. Brady

One of the local orchards has their first Honeycrisp apples of the season coming in.

This is the Honeycrisp Premeire strain:

Delicious! Not as breakingly crisp as the original, but the juicy sweet flavor is off the charts! This was one of the sweetest freshest apples I have ever eaten!

4 Likes

Just had myself a plate of figs from Wegman’s. Probably Black Mission. The one middle-right was particularly sweet and tasty.

2 Likes

Oh… bummer, Scott. I am having that problem with everything except my peaches. I have consistently picked everything about a week too early.

i had some rambutan today. went to the fig tasting at wolfskill yesterday and got to sample a bunch of their figs. one i was looking forward to really let me down… col de dame … very bland. the winner out of the bunch was panache.

1 Like

I have never tasted a freash fig. I love sweet fruit and all of these fig photos make my mouth water. Maybe some day…

1 Like

the figs looked incredible. they even bbq’d some… another lady made a dessert that was to die for… puff pastry, some nuts, gooey fig filling, goat cheese. omg

1 Like

Oh man… wish I could go to the Wolfskill fig tasting. I’ve seen videos of the trees. Looks like an amazing place.

rows and rows of grapes where they held the tasting. there were grapes up for tasting too… i really liked the kyoho as a table grape.

Sam,
You have us feeling jealous with talk of the fruit tasting and desserts! :0)

they’ll have pomegranate and persimmon tasting in a few months. i’ll be attending that also to help make decisions on what scions to look for at the exchange

1 Like

Sam,

I expect a full report…

1 Like

Tri lite peach plum… my new favorite white peach. excellent. These were picked tree soft and my kids love them. Very little spot compared to the other stuff (i don’t spray anything for spot so this is good thing). I must have more of this. Simple to grow…not sure if i taste any plum in it…good stuff.

5 Likes

4 sure. i got there right when it started… no signs of the event…the gps led us down a loooong dirt road to nowhere detour. ill be ready this time to snap some photos now that i know where its located at

It looks like it would be delicious.

These were container grown, 25 gallon pot. I have Spice Zee right next to it and those aren’t quite ripe yet. I want to compare the 2…i bet they are close in flavor.

Sunflower Pawpaw and a bunch of figs

8 Likes

I’m confirming that we had a good year for Zestar! in E-C Iowa. I had a Zestar! from my apple CSA source today that has a fleeting berry/cherry flavor to it. There is also a touch of water-core, which I have noted in some of mine.

Black Jack figs from my tree. Jumbo size this year!

Every day a few more Frederick passionfruit land on the ground. The wife made a delicious passionfruit curd last night.

Empire and Kidd’s Orange Red Pippin, my two favorite apples, in season at the same time to ensure I am fully spoiled.

Muntingia calabura, aka Strawberry Tree from my friend’s tree in L.A. One of the most strongly flavored fruits I’ve ever had. Like Cotton Candy meets red Skittles.

11 Likes

Very sweet Ayers pear

3 Likes