What fruits did you eat today?

The last peach of the season, no spray, not bagged, just not a lot of insect pressure this year???

6 Likes

How about what I didn’t eat? I was craving a nice juicy watermelon, but at $10.99 for one it was too pricey for me.

2 Likes

Love that- “grocery store fruit lottery”. Great description!!

4 Likes

We’ve been having fun picking wild cherries from a big tree back at the south end of our property. Noticed it blooming during cherry blossom time and hubby kindly mowed access to it. They’re wild so not super sweet but still a cherry flavor that I enjoy. Just tiny and of course a poor pit/ flesh ratio. But. No disease or fungal problems for me to deal with so I’ll take it;) will try to take and post a pic tomorrow.

2 Likes

I really hope you will post a photo because the idea of eating a wild cherry seems very unusual to me. The wild cherries we have here - I think they are Black Cherries- have tiny, tiny bit of “meat” and are absolutely horrible. Yours must be a different type? Then again I haven’t tried one since I was a kid so maybe I need to give them another chance!?!

2 Likes

Mulberry season is here! I’ve got purple, white, and light purple.

14 Likes

Various degrees of sour but still cherry flavor!

8 Likes

7 Likes

Every fifth or so cherry almost has the sweetness of a store bought Bing to my tastes.

3 Likes

Did u get those near the Lititz BB&T Bank?

1 Like

Flavor Supreme (20 brix) and Blenheim Apricots. Both set light and the fruit size is huge!

17 Likes

No, these are all out of my yard. There seems to be a significant strain here of white ones.

3 Likes

Lapins Cherry → 19 brix. Still have the tree netted. It rained this morning but we should be dry for several days so I’ll try to leave the rest on.

2 Likes

Not fair man…my 1! FS is still marble size and green… its like almost 100F here today…so stuff should move along quickly now. The whole next 5 days should be 90F or better.

1 Like

Those are monsters!

1 Like

3lbs of mostly Earliglo Strawberries. Malt time!

10 Likes

We call those little black cherries, choke cherries fruit size and sweetness really vary. Some aren’t half bad.

2 Likes

Picked my arctic star nectarines today, a little sooner than I wanted, but some thing has been helping itself to them the last few nights. Better than last year, very sweet, a good start to the nectarines. So early

2 Likes

But choke cherries make the best pancake syrup, they get sweeter if you pick them after a frost.

1 Like

CC’s never get to frost here, but my Gma made a fine jelly out of them. My dad and I had to go pick them or shake the tree. A lot of work for a pint jar of jelly but sooo good!

2 Likes