What fruits did you eat today?

I do not mind sharing but I was invited at friend help picking and eat.
I wish I have a tree like his.

1 Like

Ate my the only one Chinese sweet pit apricot today. It ripened 19 days later than Robada and Harcot and about 10 days later than Pixie.

It was less sweet and more tart then the above mentioned varieties, OK but not so good as they were.

7 Likes

Columbia Star, Lochness, Nightfall, and wild trailing blackberries, black currants, blueberries, black raspberries, red raspberries, red currants, red huckleberries, Captivator and unknown gooseberries and the last Early Laxton plum.

12 Likes

I ate a few of these Newberry Blackberries and picked about a pound of Chippewa Blueberries. Brady

9 Likes

For breakfast, had a couple waffles with some butter and a bit of newly made Porter peach preserves. Very good, tasted like apricots.

2 Likes

Brady,

How do you like Newberry?

Sour? What do yours taste like? Any rasp flavor or sweetness in there?

1 Like

Hi Matt,
Yes,they are sweet.I’m not sure about the parentage,but there may be a sliight Raspberry flavor,mostly Blackberry though.The taste is unusual in a good way.Brady

2 Likes

Can you please type the name in Russian for me? I never heard of it, unless I can’t recognize it. It would be great to have early apples other than Papirovka.

1 Like

Galina, is Papirovka the same as Yellow Transparent (Белый налив), or is it a different variety?

1 Like

It is called Суслейпер, Суслейпское или Малиновка. It was popular in the in the area where I lived in Russia. The apple should be very bright colored with pink stripes. Mine is mainly yellow, I’ve herd that the apples get better color in cooler climates.

3 Likes

It is the same.

1 Like

We didn’t have it around in Moscow suburb. For summer apples we had Melba(Мельба) and Grushovka Moskovskaya(Грушовка московская) (Moscow Pear-like, Not sure if I translated it right)

1 Like

Slow fruit day. Some more blueberries, raspberries, banana, and tayberry (I think).

1 Like

The corresponding English term is Pearmain as in Blue Pearmain or American Summer Pearmain.

3 Likes

Nectarine Salsa.

16 Likes

Avalon Pride peach. 10 brix. Very juicy. Not real sweet but pretty tasty, especially for being kind of early. I think Redhaven is still 10 to 14 days away from ripening here.

10 Likes

Really nice, would be excellent on some fresh grilled fish!

2 Likes

I ate a Bella gold. I thought it tasted like an apricot…more juice…almost mushy…maybe overripe a little. Very sweet…

4 Likes

I ate a Winter Banana apple. Had just a little water core but was good.

1 Like

Ate my first Pluots that i bought from a CZ Hypermarket. (Pluots are from Spain)

Variety “Flavorosa”

Most of them were slightly under ripe, but a few ones had a very good taste.

A Concord grape like flavor, sweet and tart.

I want to try other Pluot varieties!

https://img2.picload.org/image/rppogiaw/img_20170716_121354.jpg
https://img2.picload.org/image/rppogiai/img_20170716_121503.jpg
https://img2.picload.org/image/rppogioa/img_20170716_122344.jpg

3 Likes