What fruits did you eat today?

There are many pluots much better than Flavorosa.

2 Likes

I dont know where i can find some here in Austria.

Some stores are selling them in Germany but not here.

1 Like

Compared to Black Splendor and Black Diamond (Plum), Flavorosa is good.

I will never ever buy those two again from a Supermarket.

1 Like

Ate our first few Saturn peaches, very good!

4 Likes

Ate our usual berries as well as harvested and sampled one of only two Independence nectarines from a new tree bought a couple months ago and growing in a 3rd pot. A little soft but great nectarine flavor. Much preferred it to the store bought unnamed yellow nectarine we tried for comparison. The tree went straight into the greenhouse so it’s at least a month to 6 weeks ahead of my nectarines growing outside (both in ground and in pots; both single species and fruit combo trees). We all love home grown nectarines so my urban orchard now contains 4 Independence, 1 Hardired, 2 super dwarf, 1 Fantasia, as well as nectarine branches on 5 stone fruit combo trees. Most will provide us with several nectarines each this summer even if all but 3 are less than third leaf.

4 Likes

tasted my first fruit from my sweet scarlet/ red gem goumi. weren’t dead ripe yet but very tasty. barely any astringency at all and just light orange so far. hard to describe the taste except a goumi taste! has that hint of tomato aftertaste from the lycopene content. it melts in your mouth unlike a cherry which is meatier. very easy to pick and eat. letting them go to red then try them again. i think i really like goumi! also ate a handful of my western serviceberries for the 1st time. they’re between a wild blueberry and a sweet cherry. very good eating fresh. only going to get a few handfuls this year but should get a great crop next year. my consort b. currants are loaded and mostly ripe. giving them a few more days too. going to make some jam out of them. sorry for no pics. I’m terrible with technology and not patient enough to take the time to figure it out…

4 Likes

Two of my grands and I picked and enjoyed pears fresh from the tree. The grands are usually my best test determining the earliest ripening time for my fruit. They have no problem busting your ego when pushing the early ripening time for fruit.

3 Likes

Here is my entire 2017 Japanese plum harvest:

One Shiro plum… I had thoought there were zero but I caught this one under the leaves yesterday. Somehow it managed to hide from all the bugs and critters, I didn’t spray the plums. Usually I have many pounds of plums, but only Euro plums this year.

16 Likes

Very sorry, looks like my apricot harvest this year minus 2. It looks tasty though!

1 Like

Scott,
May I ask why didn’t you spray your plums?

1 Like

There was no fruit on them. I sprayed my Euro plums since they have fruit, it was only the Japanese plums I didn’t spray. I was spraying them in early spring before they all got frozen out.

2 Likes

I had tons of Shiro and a few Satsuma. The Satsuma surprised me because it is more bud tender than Shiro but a few have survived.

Not sure why some Shiro dropped the fruit when they sized up well. No evidence of any bugs at all. More drops these past month than I could remember. Dropped fruit and bug damaged fruit have taken more than half of my Shiro counts.

1 Like

Starting to get arctic jay from a potted tree. Nice nectarine, very sweet with some good flavor, and a touch of acid.

2 Likes

I don’t know whether to offer congratulations or condolences. Your case is the opposite of mine. I have almost no European plums, but a smattering of Japanese including the biggest crop on my branch of AU Producer so far. The plums are a lot smaller than in the TyTy video.

1 Like

Bought some smallish black plums organic…flesh is almost black…good plum…have no idea variety…Cali fruit…Puget gold cots …too many…giving away

1 Like

I bought a single Black Velvet apricot. It wasn’t very good. Not very sweet, decent unusual flavor but kinda sour. Not worth $4 per lb.

2 Likes

I was out at Sam’s Club this evening. I noticed the bags of plums/pluots have the fruit names on them. Not sure if they are the true variety names. The one i remember said Crimson Glo…one other was a green/yellowish pluot and one other dark pluot/plum thing…

1 Like

I’ve been eating Redhaven peaches until I’m sick and bloated. So good!

4 Likes

Not to day but last week. In Trinidad and Tobago visiting my wifes family.

Mangos.

My father in law took me to test forest for various mango’s Sadly its running on autopilot with no real research going on. I did get to eat lots and lots of mangos.

7 Likes

My 2 year old who never liked mangos even came around to this Julie from the neighbors tree.

12 Likes