What fruits did you eat today?

TraderJoes will let you sample anything in the store.

1 Like

Also,
When you donā€™t like the food/product you buy, they encourage you to return and get a refund. One time, I bought a box of vegetable broth that tasted horrible to me. I casually mentioned it to one of the clerks on another trip to the store, he insisted I brought the box back for a refund.

I like the store, its priducts, policy and prices. All reasonable.

Thank you for the response :slight_smile:

Had a playdate with my friendā€™s 3 year old twins so I went into the garden & greenhouse to pick some fresh fruit for them to try.

We had Chojuro Asian pear (too ripe), Ambrosia & Fuji apples, Fuyu & Izu & Jiro persimmons (all very similar), Kishu mandarin (very tart), Calamansi (even more tart) and an Okitsu Wasa mandarin (sweeter).

Had our first cold front move South from Alaska into Metro Vancouver/Southwest BC this week. Had to move all my more temperature sensitive plants into the greenhouse or sunroom. That includes all my citrus, lemon verbena & Stevia plants. I brought my Aloe Veras into the house & those baby Aloes have grown into 2.5ā€™ huge Aloes so Iā€™m going to look up online how we can try to make our own Aloe Vera drink (something they sell a lot of in local Asian supermarkets).

Anthony

1 Like

I got one of those too. I donā€™t know what cultivar they are, but the texture isnā€™t the best when they are firm compared to some others.

i had an arkansas black apple fresh and cooked

unrecognizable from the unsavory flavor it paled in comparison to the intense concentrated dried apple flavor from the ones that were cooked, it is amazing what cooking can do to a fruit

The very last fruit of the season from my backyard, a Wonderful Pomegranate.

18 Likes

now thats a properly ripened pomegranite! thats looks delicious! the ones we get at the store barely have any color. wish they grew up here.

I had the same epiphany regarding Wonderful maybe 5 or 6 years ago. For many years I had eaten Wonderful fruits that had been picked too early and was not impressed. I finally ate one that had been properly ripened and it was indeed Wonderful, definitely one of the best pomegranate varieties.

1 Like

Frozen blueberries in pancakes from Wymanā€™s in maine!

1 Like

Now eating dried Sweetcrisp blueberries. They are very sweet and have a great blueberry flavor.

2 Likes

Wanting to eat my last bag of Goldrush apples but Iā€™m saving them for January-February. Just wanted to see how they taste after being stored awhile.

2 Likes

2018 or 2019?

1 Like

Bababerry Raspberries.

Mega Kiwi. Hereā€™s a photo of one next to a regular kiwi. The photo doesnā€™t really do justice to how large it is. Anyone else seen these?

4 Likes

I ran across them a few weeks ago. Tasted the same as the regular fuzzy kiwis.

2 Likes

Sumo mandarins are in. Tasty as usual.

Garage orangesā€¦I have an unknown tangerine that is seedless and taste like halos. They were very sweet and flavorful - wish I had more (last year I did).
7B3328A4-43BC-4943-9012-1A5D7AE2C6853CFDA4E1-984E-4E8B-BF4D-B2B057F7D7B2
3EB986FD-FF9C-488A-A25A-B239FC4AF5F0

7 Likes

Sungold Kiwi, hard to describe the taste, kind of like a citrus melon? I like the green kiwi better.

3 Likes