What is everyone eating from their orchard today?

When I started this thread, I how now idea it would take off the way is has!! I don’t have and pic’s but I ate the last of the emerald drop pluots, pluerries and tri lite peach plums today. What I’m working on now are; Flavor queen, dapple dandy, flavor grenade pluots and a couple of different white peaches. Also burgundy plums are getting close

3 Likes

Great thread Steve. No end in sight.

Maybe winter will end it. Or maybe citrus season will take over! :smile:

Everything I posted is not from my orchard, from my garden, but what the hey, as far as ending, well my fruit trees are still all unripe, so when they are I will just be starting!

Ate two Gingergold apples today, fresh from my own orchard!

This is early for Gingergold, but a good friend of mine was visiting and we couldn’t wait any longer.

The seeds were still green, but the apples were DELICIOUS nonetheless. It was a perfect day in the orchard: sunny with low humidity. We weeded and mowed like crazy, and really busted our humps doing maintenance work throughout the orchard. Being able to eat crisp, sweet juicy apples right off the tree was so refreshing!

These apples were spotless! Beginner’s luck? Or did my wife’s pantyhose prove the ultimate apple-protectors?

3 Likes

Looks good! Excellent.

The apple looks great!

That has to taste great! I see you use the same kind of fence posts that I do. Yours look a like over kill though, lol.

I think the panty hose worked good. That’s one sexy apple!

I am so jealous, I have not eaten an apple fresh off the tree in many years. They are so different than apples that You buy at the store in plastic bags. When I was in my late teens we owned a farm that had a fence that ran beside the previous owners yard. They had a three in one Apple that hung over the fence. They never sprayed it or picked the apples but I would pick one when I was driving the dairy cows by and they were so good. It has been over twenty years since I tasted a freash apple, I grafted a Fuji this year and planted a pristine, a fresh apple in my future soon I hope!!!

The birds got one side of a moonglow pear and I got the other side.

1 Like

I didn’t mind eating my peaches after a bird pecked them but I drew the line at peaches handled by a raccoon, yuck, mammals are just more disgusting to me.

1 Like

Do you liked the pluerries?
What does tri-lite peachplum tastes like? What color is the flesh?

My trilte peachplum will be fruiting next year.

I do like the pluerries, I’m really looking forward to the new one this up coming bare root season.

Tri- lite’s are white flesh, they look and feel like a peach but are about the size of a plum. They taste like a peach at first, but then have a plum finish/after taste…I really like them

Sample picking of Moonglow pears. I’m accustom to picking Orient pears but this is my first season to have enough Moonglow to determine the estimated pick date. I’m hoping that I have got it right. Picking pears the last week in July gets me started toward a long harvest season. The size range was 3"-3.5". Bill
Pic 1

Pic 2

4 Likes

Beautiful!!! Still waiting for my pears, too many years later!

Picked some wormy snow queen Nectarines. Yummy yummy :yum:sweet, juicy with balanced acid. Very flavorful with worm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Actually ate these 2 breba figs several days ago, no time to post before now.

First, an unknown (friend lost label of cutting), excellent tasting green fig with bronze tint to the skin. Pics of fig:

1 Like

Second breba was a dark fig named Nero, not nearly as good. Hoping for better from main crop:

1 Like

Nice figs :yum: