What is going on today 2017?

Well it’s pouring rain today. So much for that flower lol.

Our first snowfall of the year.Went out this morning and shook accumulations off some plants.
No work or school today.I guess it’s okay for awhile. Brady

3 Likes

Bud swell on the impulse-bought Junegold peach from Home Depot. (It had a decent number of lower branches, so… obviously my hands were tied!)

1 Like

Meteor went overhead last nite

4 Likes

I just saw that on the local news. What a fireball that was. I’ve noticed there being more and more of these types of sightings over the last few years.

There’s a meteor/fireball site that track these types of things, according to if they make an actual sound, and/or fragment. In 2005-2010, the count of fireballs with sound ranged from 37-97. In the next 6 years, the counts mostly went up-

2011 184
2012 253
2013 344
2014 336
2015 407
2016 473
2017 29 so far

Source:

http://www.amsmeteors.org/

So, what’s up with that? Does this portend of things to come? Hmm…

1 Like

Mulberry setting fruit!

On a cutting!

8 Likes

Did you place the cutting in a glass of water to root?

Tony

I placed it in a ziplock bag packed with moist coco coir and perlite.

1 Like

What variety?

Tony

Tehama Giant White Mulberry

1 Like

Two projects, cold smoking some cheese and making maple syrup.

14 Likes

Super mild here today (for here)…mid 40fs…i was outside potting up some seedlings in a tshirt. Sunshine, almost no wind. Me likes. Need to start pruning trees soon.

1 Like

@speedster1.,
Nice syrup and cheese operation! We are 70 degrees here in Kansas. Weather has been very unpredictable in recent years. We have been more like Florida than Kansas lately and here I was thinking it would be cold right now.

1 Like

Wow…i’d break out the shorts and tshirt… that is almost thong weather.

I brought in some chip budded seedlings from this past summer. Time to get them growing. These were some pretty small chips i placed…but they look good. I got this one placed almost at soil level.

2 Likes

Smoked gouda is just about the best thing going in an omelet.

2 Likes

I was just rudely interupted by this virginia opossom!

He would not leave my recycle bin despite all the threats I made at him. He just growled. Finally, I dumped him out of it, and he slunk away!

10 Likes

I cut scion wood today and put it up in the fridge. I saw two buzzards flying over the field , spring is on the way

1 Like

Freezer?

Fertilized the blueberry patch today with a mixture of worm castings, cottonseed meal and holly tone. All organic slow releasing and non burning so I am not concerned if I am a bit early. Lots of buds about to break. Damn rabbits still eating some of the bushes.

2 Likes

Sorry, fridge.

1 Like