What is going on today 2017?

Here are a couple pic of double delight might help you exclude this variety.

9 Likes

Thanks, yep my flowers did not look like that.

Wow! It must be going well, as you’re here! I used to work on an incinerator, but everything was thrown in by hand. I once blew a giant smoke ring with it that went up over 300 feet in the air! That was cool! Ironically the place burned down and I was out of work! I was going back to MSU in a month at the time anyway, so I had a month to do some fishing before I went back to the books.
OK, now it is really late, the drugs have kicked in, so I should be able to sleep. I pinched a nerve in my back, and should have went and got some steroids from the Doc, but I hate going, so didn’t see any medical professionals.So it’s Motrin and a bottle of Jack. No just Motrin, maybe I’ll do a shot of brandy…The pain isn’t as bad as the kidney stone I had 2 months ago. Wow, what a crappy winter for me! I didn’t go to the doc for that either. All Things (including stones) Must Pass - George Harrison. Prosaic and a Bottle of Jack - King Crimson

I started to get the steroid shots this year and they really do make things a lot better. Especially if I don’t do the things on the Don’t Do That list.

Yes, one of my problems. My In laws are moving and my father in law has table saws, routers etc. I helped move these pieces weighing hundreds of pounds, after I pinched my nerve. I also need to go on my roof and trim some branches with a pole saw before the 70 foot trees leafs out. As it will be easier that way a least. I may do that today.

1 Like

Sounds like you need a good chiropractor, not a doctor, Drew.

That’s what I used to think until I went to the “best” chiropractor in town and was admitted to the hospital 8 hours later with a herniated L4/L5.

Now I’m afraid to go anywhere near them

Most of my discs in my back are damaged from a head on crash, I’m afraid of anybody moving them at all. I also will not go to a surgeon either. I know a good doctor, he is a strong believer in physical therapy. If it wasn’t for him, I doubt I could walk. MD’s have so much more training, I prefer them to chiropractors who IMHO have very little training. I just do not trust them. No one will convince me otherwise. If it works for you that’s great. If manipulation is required I would go to an osteopath, who are trained as medical doctors, can prescribe drugs, but are trained in manipulation unlike MD’s.
I feel manipulation on my back could cause great harm, as does my doctor.
My pinched nerve no doubt is a result of a bone fragment drifting, my back is full of them from the crash. My spine was compressed and many of the vertebrae snapped. Steroids will stop any swelling, it works great. Motrin will do the same thing, but not as well, so I’m eating them daily.
Otherwise I’m mostly pain free these days. Keeping my back muscles as strong as possible via physical therapy worked fantastic for me.

I’m seeing a physiatrist for the steroids, but what I like about the chiropractor is that he sees the entire structure as a whole, not one joint at a time.

Like the old song says, those things are all connected.

I feel any good doctor see the whole picture too. My doctor told me my headaches were caused by my feet. He was right too. I have extremely flat feet. I have to wear inserts in my shoes. The headaches went away.
I think any doctor can make a mistake. Many suck, probably the same with any profession. I’m biased because I worked in a hospital and my wife has for over 30 years. So I’m totally a medical doctor type person having worked with them and all. I’m also impressed with micro nerve surgery, the transplant of organs, hands, and other body parts. Any profession that can do that has me sold.
Will a chiropractor ever refer you to a medical doctor? Do not they treat everything? I think that is crazy nuts. If you need a pace maker in your heart, you need a medical doctor. Nothing is going to fix it besides hardware put into your chest. When your AV node is damaged, it is not fixable, you have to replace it with a computer. Nerve tissue rarely regenerates.

My chiropractor certainly referred me to a medical doctor to get steroid treatment.

I think with all kinds of medical practitioners, there are good ones and bad ones - one size doesn’t fit all

I’ve had a chiropractor refer me to a doctor. Also had a doctor tell me to keep going to the chiropractor for a problem I had. I’ve also had dud chiropractors and doctors. The best policy is to try to take good care of yourself to avoid needing medical treatment, although injuries and diseases can still happen. Tromping around the orchard and digging holes, etc., is good exercise, even if the frost and bugs kill the harvest.

1 Like

If it’s not broke don’t fix it. If referring to doctors sounds like good people to me.
I feel they have nothing to offer me, as my injuries are not conducive to manipulation.

Put on knee brace, got tiller out of shed and took it to the vegetable garden, which is just dry enough to work today. Potatoes, onions, peas and spinach all in the ground now, anticipating the week of forecast rain.

Great job! Weeding the raised beds this weekend!

1 Like

I have had a series of those over the years, I wouldn’t wish one of those on City after one of his rants. Didn’t know any one still remembered King Crimson, In the court of the Crimson King!
We got 3 Monster RS cherries from Henry Fields today, they really look good. Planted some peas and got the asparagus cleaned up and sprayed for weeds. We’re supposed to get 1-2" of rain by Sat and wanted the pre down before the rain.

Things were hopping and popping in the greenhouse at work today.I was away for two days and the Nadia had maybe three blooms open and this is now. Brady

Candy Heart Pluerry

Arctic Jay and Double Delight Nectarine with a Dwarf Empress Peach

12 Likes

Drew, after 3 back surguries I don’t use it anymore, but check out the Teeter Inversion System, where you can hang upside down at any angle you choose. Mine helped a great deal, nearly immediate relief and I was comfortable using mine home alone. It was the only thing that helped for many years. Good, solid contraptions that are well made and the cost has gone down alot. Hope you find some relief! Usual disclaimer tho, get your Dr’s approval, and maybe try a friends a few times before you buy. it’s comparible to a type of traction. Greg

3 Likes

Drew, posted my comment about inversion therapy based on your first comment, and now see your later comment explaining the cause of your back issues, so with old fractures and bone chips migrating around it may not be the best idea. The inversioin is easily adjusted from a slight angle up to hanging straight up and down, great for decompression, and stretching out. It sure helped me. Good luck!

1 Like

Sounds interesting! The back is stable now, so I could use such a device. Thanks for the info! I may try hanging around!!

2 Likes