What is going on today 2017?

Bought last summer in a 15 gallon pot an potted in up in a 1/2 barrel per the DWN recommendation. Haven’t added any fertilzer yet.Seems to be doing well so far. What you saw in my hand was just about all the fruit it produced this year.

6 Likes

Those look large enough to be strange animals!

2 Likes

@mamuang, Myro 29 rootstock is prunus Americana. I had it flowered this year and set fruits.

Oh, I edited it, it is myrobalan plum.

1 Like

Actually Myro is not the same thing as Prunus Americana.

2 Likes

Maria,
Myrobalan is prunus cerasifera. It is not prunus americana.

3 Likes

Are these donut peaches? They look different from my other peaches. They are not as oblong. This is a mystery tree.

I’d say yes that’s probably correct.

1 Like

My donut peaches are flatter than those on the picture. These are kind of in between, maybe a seedling with donut as one of the parents?

3 Likes

Our Sweet Bagel Peach looked like those. Our White Donut Peach is much more saucerish.

1 Like

I wonder if the fruit on K.86 tastes any good. Maybe you’ll get to tell us!

1 Like

Vinod-- Your mulbs look awesome.

1 Like

I hope I’m not showing off but this tree gives this everyday now!

And it was 12 feet tall this winter. Now at 8 feet!

7 Likes

Your Pakistan mulb is a champ! There is no denying it. We are all salivating.

But don’t worry… I will tease you will glamour shots of blueberries in a couple months!

4 Likes

Ugh. Anthrosols/Anthroposols are the worst soil type.

I should have known, but had figured it would take me about an hour to plant a shade tree between the sidewalk and the street in front of my house. Nope. It took 2 hours to dig the hole because there was 4" of gravel mixed with clay in below the 2" top soil.

I don’t own a pickaxe because you don’t usually need one to dig here, and usually would just take up space in a corner of the garage… But a pickaxe sure would have made this job easier.

1 Like

Today, I planted Ouachita and Prime Ark Freedom blackberry tip-roots. I also planted Niagara and Reliance grapevines.

2 Likes

The next time you dig a hole in tough soils like that dig down a ways and then fill it with water and let it soak in over a couple of days. Makes digging much easier! Been there done that!

4 Likes

I am almost done with my blueberry enclosure, I put the door on yesterday and will start putting on the chicken wire soon.

18 Likes

Wow. That’s a lot of work! Nicely done too. Post pics of the finished work pls.

Speaking of blueberries…i caught this video the other day… I think it’s in Spain… I would be interested in knowing how they harvest all those plants…everything looks container grown. Amazing amount of plants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DFRypUjicU

1 Like

A thing of beauty!!! So jealous!