What is wrong with my blueberry?

Hello, I was just wondering if someone could tell me what was wrong with my one blueberry based on the picture. I’ve tried using a foliar spray of iron and put some sulfur down about a month ago but no change that I can see. I have 3 other blueberries in the same raised bed and all the others are happy and healthy.

I had similar symptoms on my blueberries last year and it was fungal infection. Look at the dark sports on the stems, this is where the cankers are developing. I am not sure about effective treatment, but I’ve read recommendations to spray Captain. This is what I am doing this year.

1 Like

Very possible some sort of fungal infection. The only time I’ve had some leaves and branches die was because of, imo, lack of water…I let them dry out too much.

1 Like

Thank you both for your answers. I know it is not that I let them dry out. Their soil is kept nice and moist.

I will try the Captan. I usually prefer to use organic methods but I have no problem using synthetics when the situation calls for it in order to restore a plant to health.