Well, yesterday I got a blackberry run tilled up, and today I got my Triple Crowns planted. I ended up getting 7 tip layers planted with very good roots. I placed them about 4-5ft apart in the row, hope that’s enough room.
Some of the canes had a little green on them, don’t know if they’re starting to wake up yet. I had to hold onto them almost two weeks before I could plant them as it was way too wet to plant. It’s been a bit drier the last week, so thought today would be my best chance. I kept them moist in a bag with wet paper in a dark cool cellar before planting.
When I know they’ll survive and sprout new canes, I’ll be putting up a trellis for them. They’re near the barn in some very rich soil, so they should do well.
Hopefully next year we’ll have more TC’s than what we know what do with! Plus, next month we’ll be getting some more thornless BB’s to plant.
A special thank you to the very generous GF member who sent them to us, you know who you are!