What's happening today - 2018 edition

I hear you, I have a crisper in my fridge that is full of scions that I could not live without.

8 Likes

Is that your cat in your avatar?

OK, some more pics, sorry, I’m sure y’all are getting tired of them, but these come with a question. I took these today of some of my raspberries that I planted about 10 days ago. I’m wondering, do these look like rasp sprouts, or just weeds? Is it too soon for them to sprout?

They are Nova, Joan J and Prelude, don’t know which is which.

I bought the unlabeled blueberry from Home Depot for $5 at one of their end of year sales so not sure the variety.
This will be my first real PrimeArk harvest. I will let you know how they taste. They seem to be very vigorous plants and bloom like crazy.

1 Like

yes. I agree. My peaches are loaded most years and I thin them quite a bit each year. Every time they swell, I realize I still have more thinning to do. The 1 every 6 inches rules seems reasonable when they are the size of a dime. lol.
Plums on the other hand, never thin; until this year. I removed half of these and probably going back for more soon.

2 Likes

You are ripping out NCSU peaches and Goldrush? Mind if I ask why?

It kinda bothers me that you stayed until day four of the filming…:flushed::flushed::flushed:

:joy::joy::joy:

I believe it was Muhammad Ali who said, only the nose knows where the nose goes when the door is closed.

Ali probably knows…

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I would top work that pear over to some good varieties.

My oldest. She’s 17, was a crackerjack mouser in her youth

2 Likes

Your comment is disgusting and has no place in this forum.

I’m taking them with me in a move.

This is my hunter

11 Likes

Nice, he is a longer version of our Josh, with a bit different face pattern. What have you seen him catch? I think ours has nabbed mice, moles, even a little bunny recently.

1 Like

We lost our mouser this year. My other two cats are birders–well, anything that flies. They’ve brought in bats a couple of times, that’s a huge hassle because we have to have the county health department test the bats for rabies.

2 Likes

Another tuxedo! Guycat or girl?

1 Like

Mice, rats, gophers, squirrels, birds! Nothing is safe from her skills!

1 Like

Little missy…

1 Like

All the discussion about cats reminded me of this poem. It’s one of my favorite poems (author J.R.R. Tolkien). A little off-topic I’ll admit, but fits within the sidebar discussion.

Cat
The fat cat on the mat
may seem to dream
of nice mice that suffice
for him, or cream;
but he free, maybe,
walks in thought
unbowed, proud, where loud
roared and fought
his kin, lean and slim,
or deep in den
in the East feasted on beasts