What's happening today - 2018 edition

Just picked the last 3 June Pride peaches, outstanding peaches! Luke with a 25 brix specimen.

19 Likes

The one (and only) Early Laxton plum I got this year was much better than the one (and only) Early Laxton plum I got last year. Just under 16 brix this year, I think it was under 10 last year. I was going to remove the tree, but now I might keep it. It initially produced a half dozen, but Curculios got the rest. The tree was planted Spring 2014 on M2624.

9 Likes

Don’t give up on it, they can come back. Mine has multiple times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow… Those look so good. Still patiently waiting for any peach to ripen here in Spokane…

1 Like

Thanks Dave…I will take you up on that. I do love raspberries but it is sooo hot here. The thornless sounds great too!!!

Katy

Love the taste tester too!

4 Likes

Picked Black Velvet gooseberries (on left) and Jeanne Pierre (on right). Half the Black Velvet are still on the bush waiting to ripen. The Black Velvet are not as sweet as the Jeanne Pierre and are smaller but have a stronger flavor.

13 Likes

I’m still watering and keeping my fingers crossed! I really need to get it into a deeper container, the one I’m using is too shallow.

1 Like

Free ground shipping with AM Leonard today only code 7E18P.

2 Likes

I sent you a PM.

End of a heat wave. Yesterday 100, went out to get some kotata and this heat wave cooked em. Those that were almost ready just mush and even those that are almost ripe with some green next to came are just mush and gone lost quite a bit. Picked what I could making fruit leather with them. Hopefully they will turn out ok first time making that. Next time I’m picking everything before heat wave even if only a day or two before fully ripe. Live and learn.

found a apricot that was covered by Japanese Beatles. Japanese Beatles also eat my jujubes

IMG_20180716_192906465

1 Like

They’re into my cots, too

Otherwise, I’ve had a good crop of sound fruit from them. In contrast, most of the Asian plums now seem to have been infested by the curc, as are the prune plums, dropping like flies. Yet they were on the same spray schedule, all year.

Bastids

That looks like squirrel damage.

You can sometimes see the ugly butt of a JB sticking out of one of those holes

2 Likes

Last two Tomcots fell into my hand today. The top cot has a bird hole on the back of it, why show that! Smaller than usual.

9 Likes

Starting on my second quart of raspberries today to pop in the freezer. Kiwi

Kiiwi Gold, Yuki, Caroline, and Jewel.

13 Likes

No,it is Japanese Beatles. It was covered by Japanese Beatles when I removed the fruit from the tree. Squirrel damage have bigger bite marks

2 Likes

Those look so good! Its a challenge growing raspberries here with all the heat, enjoy!

3 Likes