Wildlife in our gardens

Janet identified it as a juvenile bluebird :slight_smile:

excellent in the crockpot! :wink:

Almost ran into a copperhead with my dogs this morning fortunately I had them on leash. I like snakes but not happy to see this guy so close to house with pets and kids.

9 Likes

Yikes!

1 Like

The Monarch caterpillars are quickly munching down our yellow milkweed. So yesterday we purchased an additional plant which I installed and extended irrigation to it. Of course Janet chronicled the whole event with photos :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yowza

what kind of emitters are those in your pic @Richard

Found this little guy sleeping near my fruit trees this morning.

23 Likes

awwwwww … ummmmmm

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s quite ripe, I would harvest that one in the fall.

7 Likes

Under one other the Apple trees.

13 Likes

So, I was looking at my cherry trees and about a week ago I had cherries. Here they are today.

And the Topic about cussing!!! YES I DID😤

6 Likes

Love these guys. We call them cattle egrets down here. They always come when I’m mowing. They can consume a hundred or more bugs an hour. It’s a real blast to watch. I’ve seen them snatch pretty darn big frogs too…

13 Likes

My cherry tree

8 Likes

There’s a robin that’s pissed at me - she was starting a nest in one of my apricot trees, just out of sight

Lawdy

1 Like

got to pet my 1st baby moose last week! my brothers sister in law discovered it behind her greenhouse 4 days ago. no mother to be found. she bonded to her teenage daughter and would bleat when she would leave her. the state animal biologists came and brought her to a rehab. game farm downstate. she loved attention. ill see if i can get Sharon to post the pics for me later.

9 Likes

1/4 circle streamer heads for 1/2" threaded irrigation pipe.

That’s a great way! My tree is pretty big so covering it would take an air drop. :grin:

1 Like

Copper heads are no joke, I believe you have just moved and have kids so I would just say I have a no tolerance policy for venomous snakes. They seem to be the most aggressive in the fall when the temperature starts to cool down. As you can see in your photo they are almost invisible in fallen leaves.

3 Likes