Wildlife in our gardens

Probably, I think they can be invasive in some areas

Double flower… stamens are replaced with more petals so there is no pollen, it may produce seeds if other rose of sharon were in the area.

3 Likes

Bees drinking at the edge of one of our fountains today, courtesy of Janet :heart:

20 Likes

That is an awesome shot Janet!

Dax

4 Likes

I don’t kill pollinators even if they are fruit eaters. These stinging type insects have not been a problem for me here but I understand they are not good either some years. Had some crackingnpears in the Drippin Honey tree that attracted them 294F2B10-DAFC-424D-97D7-1DEAAEA8AC1E

1 Like

White ladybug larvae

4 Likes

Catalpa worms , they have completely stripped the tree of its leaves. One was host to parasitic wasps

4 Likes

They like to clean our fruit trees .
20180826_205811

10 Likes

Friendly!

2 Likes

too friendly! i have the black currant jam to go w/ the venison! need to thin some of them out!

2 Likes

Dinner…

3 Likes

They born there and so hungry . I did not get mad with them .

3 Likes

16 Likes

I hope it was a damrabbit

Rodent patrol … courtesy of Janet of course :heart:

19 Likes

Those eyes aren’t going to miss the slightest movement…!!

3 Likes

I’ve notice an abundance of butterflies in our yard the last couple weeks…zebras longwings, monarchs, sulfurs and today this giant swallow that was on my lemon tree…

11 Likes

Great photo!

Redtailed hawk - dark phase, looking back from perch on a nearby telephone pole. Janet’s photography of course!

9 Likes

Not quite in the garden but just around the corner. These guys almost fell on me out of a tree while I was picking Beauty Berries. The snake was wrapped around the squirrel! when they hit the ground no more than 2-3 feet away from me. I shot it before i even knew what it was…Yes it scared the Poo-Poo outta me when it happened…

3 Likes