Your choice of mower/weed eaters etc for your orchard

So, where are you going?? You’re not talking about that, are you?? You look so young in yer pic…

2 Likes

We have six young fruit trees, on the side lawn of our five acre property. When we planted them,we gave each tree the perimeter suggested for,given the adult size they would eventually reach.
They are also in straight lines to each other,and are easy to mow around with a large mower.

2 Likes

Ah thank you. That picture is a few yrs old back when I was about 70. I still get around well but as they say time is undefeated.

2 Likes

I imagine your area, high altitude desert, would be beneficial to one’s health: dry, clean air, low allergens, pure sunshine. And not too hot in the summer?

1 Like

This little section of my orchard along with about 100 additional square feet are the only part of my property that gets mowed with a pusher.

7 Likes

Very nice and good spacing.

2 Likes

Looks good. You did a better job with your spacing than I did.

2 Likes

I use a four stroke Honda string trimmer. It’s just OK. Marginally better than a decent two stroke.

I look longingly at the new 54v haymakers I see at Home Depot. I could just come home from work, put on my safety glasses flip the switch and knock off 30 minutes of weed whacking.

1 Like

Those 4 stroke weed wackers are just too heavy and cumbersome. I don’t mind having 2 strokes because they are so light and nimble. My string trimmer, chainsaw, and leaf blower are all 2 strokes that run 50-1 mix so I tend to just mix a gallon at a time which usually lasts me about a month or two. A tip is to always use 93 octane with 2-stroke engines. They will run like raped apes.

1 Like

I just got the 80v trimmer from Lowe’s, Awesome!

2 Likes

When I use a weed whacker I use a light weight one not because it works best but for it’s light weight.

2 Likes

Like to add my endorsement for lithium battery powered yard tools.
No gas, No oil, No spark plugs, No air filters, No Fumes, just add battery, push the button and away you go.
You can also turn your lawn mower upside down to clean it or hang it in the shed.
I thought I was allergic to grass seed, turns out I was just allergic to toxic mower smoke.

You can also purchase tools without the battery, makes adding extra tools cheaper.
Costs me 5 cents electricity to recharge the battery. Lithium Battery tools really are a game changer.

2 Likes

Like to also add a weed-eater blade that I wish I had years ago.

Renegade carbide blades. Best invention ever. No effort needed, you can just slowly move your machine and it cuts through everything. Gives more control when trimming around trees.

4 Likes

I’ve had the Craftsman 19.2 volt weedeater for a couple of years. It’s great with the lithium batteries but crappy with with the ni-cad. I’ve got a bunch of other tools that use the same batteries, and they’ve all been good. No lawn mower, though.

2 Likes

Where do you order new blade at ? I have the attachment but I haven’t had the chance to use it yet.

Tony

1 Like

Hi Tony,

They sell them on Amazon. Approx $10 each if you buy the 2pack.
There are 4 types of blades. On my Gmax 40volt I use the 8"-80t .

FOUR BLADE TYPES – (1) Std. Multi-use: 8-80t, 9-100t, 10-120t… (2) Std. Brush & Brambles: 8-32t, 9-36t, 10-40t… (3) Razor Hybrid Combination Blade: 8-56t, 9-68t, 10-80t… (4) Hawk Hybrid Brush only: 8-20t, 9-20t, 10-20t

https://www.amazon.com/2pk-8-teeth-Blade-Pack-RENEGADE-BLADE/dp/B00ODTEQK4

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Use-Specialty-RENEGADE-Barcoded-diameter/dp/B01MR5PXRE

https://www.amazon.com/2pk-8-Multi-Use-Brush-Specialty-RENEGADE/dp/B004OTC704

3 Likes

Dont use those anywhere near rocks, fence, plastic, metal, etc. I have the same blades. They are great for clearing brush and saplings. But worthless on grass.

2 Likes