Zenport/Generic Labled Grafting Tool

Thx, ill order one with the most positive responses.

That tool is on sale $23.00 +free shipping until the 15th

I prefer a knife but hay $23.00

2 Likes

That’s unbelievable.

Dax

I just ordered the $23 one. Earlier I ordered one from Amazon that was $36 total. I’m going to inspect them closely when they arrive without opening the packaging. If they look identical I’ll return the one to amazon.

Main use will be for grafting figs.

2 Likes

I just ordered the $23 one. If I like it, I’d like to get some replacement blades. Can someone please post a link where to get the replacement blades?

3 Likes

You talked me into it, too, but I also would like to know where to buy some replacement blades. I’ve never done grafting before, but have some scions on order. I hope it doesn’t get too addicting. I need more apple varieties like a hole in the head!

@Olpea
@northwoodswis4
@fruitnut
@Hillbillyhort

By far the cheapest I’ve found compared to 25$ on Amazon and 22$ at Durokon

EDIT: link to wrong blades.

I did not check Aliexpress that @txpanhandle1 mentioned.

Dax

Dax,

The link you posted is for replacement blades of a different grafting tool. They won’t fit the $23 tool.

I googled replacement blades for the Zenport ZJ68 (the $23 tool) and couldn’t find much. The cheapest I found was these blades for $10

But the shipping is $17. With the shipping, the replacement blades are more than the cost of the tool.

I haven’t checked the Aliexpress site either because I assume the shipping from Germany (or wherever the site is from) would be pretty expensive.

Maybe if enough of us want replacement blades someone would be willing to order a bunch then divide them up and mail them out to others for reasonable postage?

You’re so right. I googled “Zenport ZJ68A Replacement Blades” and see my error now.

The good thing is they are available. Mine for my much more expensive tool are outrageously expensive. For 25$ for new blades for this Zenport which you won’t need blades for years I imagine, that’s not a big investment like mine are.

Wishing you all luck. I’m going to get one of these tools too, eventually.

Dax

Aliexpress is an arm of alibaba in China. I don’t remember if shipping was free .If not it wasn’t over a buck or two. I ordered two sets of blades to keep as spare, but originals look like they may last years.

2 Likes

Did you happen to bookmark the seller? And, what was the waiting period for shipping?

The way I read what you wrote is the replacement blades are 100% the same as the originals, correct?

Dax

I received mine from Aliexpress and its not good.

Its very filigree and when i tried to cut a small 1cm twig the upper part with blades slipped in an angle and cut itself in the base.

Its a flimsy device and the blades are like tinfoil.

The orange one that i have is really good.

1 Like

Post a photo of yours Austro and your orange one too. I’ve never seen an orange tool with similar “v” type blades.

My buddy’s works like a champ (from banggood.com)

Dax

Here are some pictures.

The orange one has a different V cut blade but its way better and more sturdy.

1 Like

That’s what my buddy has. So the anvil on yours has a protuberance? You should grind that off just thinking to myself, Austro.

Does yours from Aliexpress have a pink color cast to it? My buddy’s has a pinkish color that’s noticeable in brighter light. Looks the same as yours though.

Dax

Hey, its not a protuberance its actually what the blade cut away when i tried it.

The upper part moves at a slight angle, not straight.

Thats why that happened.

1 Like

You got a defective tool. Did you contact the seller?

Bummer.

Dax

I took some pictures and will try to figure out how to post this evening. Aliexpress, which gives lower prices on phone app than on home computer,has the replacement blades for $4.85 with free shipping. The ones I got were exact replacement to original. I searched under grafting tool blades and scrolled down until they popped up.

2 Likes

Not tested : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/2017-Hot-blade-Free-Shipping-vegetable-grafter-tree-grafting-tool-Spare-blade-fruit-engrafter-Fruit-Trees/32799015736.html

The Zenport from Amazon arrived. I could easily remove from the packaging with no damage to anything in case I want to return it. No assembly required. It’s bigger than I imagined but just right for the job.

I made the first cut in nothing flat. Not too much pressure required. Perfect in my opinion.

12 Likes