10 days after they went into the water

Tony,
I only have seeds of red one among the three pictures of lotus. The other double one is white peony:

3 Likes

The other two donā€™t grow seeds.
The plants that grow from seeds may not be true to the type. I bought more than twenty seeds from the nursery. I never bought any single layer. But there are only two that are double. All other are single layer and pink color is dominant.
Thatā€™s why I bought some lotus tubes from the nursery.

2 Likes

I often eat the fresh seeds. I donā€™t use that to propagate.

4 Likes

I love eating lotus seeds, too. Lotus is a versatile plant. Roots and seeds are edible. In the old days, using lotus leaves to wrap food was common. Fried rice wrapped in a lotus leave gives additional fragrance. These days, people use plastic containers.

3 Likes

I agree on the lotus leaf wrapped rice - very good stuff! Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve had that.

3 Likes

Looklike peonies!

1 Like

So all the 7 seeds I got from you are red double and single, and the pink is single or double? The peony photo I got from you lotus post was mixed in itso I could not tell the difference until you pointed out .lol.

I gave you two red double, maybe one or two white double. The rest either red or pink single.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Tony, I will try contacting Sophia.

I have some lotus roots for sale in my WeChat group. If you are interested in, please PM.
To check the list:
https://growingfruit.org/t/looking-for-pond-lotus-seed/28139/14

Hello Sophia,
I tried accessing your link, but it appears that I donā€™t have access. I think it may be because I am too new.

lotus roots were already sold out. I have some random seeds. I donā€™t know which flower they were from. I picked up when I cleaned the leaves in the fall.

Sounds interesting. How can I try some?