25% off at Cummins

Use code SPRING25 at checkout.

This is the first sale I have ever seen from them, I guess they finally grafted more than they could sell.

1 Like

Must… not… buy… more… trees… :deciduous_tree: :confounded:

3 Likes

Fair amount of apples and a few pears but not much left.

I’m not usually thankful for being broke, but if I hadn’t been I would have just bought several apple trees … and had nowhere to put them.

1 Like

I ordered my trees from last year for this spring and this is the latest Cummins thread so I’ll just post a pic and details here. At the top of the pic and then going down to the bottom are as follows…
All are 41" or taller from the union graft and the calipers I list are taken at 3" above the union graft. Kidd’s Orange-Red Apple 5/8". Empress Plum 1/2". Freyberg Apple 1/2". Sweet Sixteen Apple 5/8". I am happy with everything I received with the root systems as such. :smiley:

2 Likes

My order from Cummins arrived a few weeks ago. Everything about it was excellent as usual. But a Blackgold/Gisela-12 was included instead of the rare Blackpearl/Gisela-6 cherry I had actually ordered.

I was worried. So I snapped a photo of the order, and immediately e-mailed it to them asking for a correction.

They quickly responded and sent me the tree I really wanted without any further trouble. And I get to keep the mistake tree as a bonus. I’ve since written them back to thank them profusely and say how pleased I am with their terrific product and customer service.

I think Cummins is a fantastic nursery and the people there are excellent. They are a great business and I cannot praise them enough.

2 Likes

A twilight photo of the Blackpearl coming out of dormancy. You can see the ghostly-white foliage breaking out of each node (no sun-exposure chlorophyll yet!). A smallish tree, but it has a decent root system, so I am pleased with Cummins, as usual.

1 Like

My order from Cummins was for two tart cherries (Balaton and Jubileum) and a bunch of K-1 rootstocks. Cummins delivered promptly (a month before Raintree, while both orders were entered the same day). All plants arrived in good condition, with fine root system, and all are doing great now.

2 Likes

I had the same experience that you did Stan, Cummins was a month earlier with better product than Raintree.

1 Like