A nice Sunday morning with the gardens and fruits

Show a few photos of your gardens and fruits of early Falls.

Tony

33 Likes

Oh boy. O’Henry is a top notch peach. Big, sweet, juicy and delicious!!

Tony

19 Likes

Tony, you have a beautiful garden! And so many fruits!

I have the same red pepper as in your first picture, not sure how to use them. how do you use them? Dry them, making paste, put in soup… …?

2 Likes

I just freeze them whole in a ziplock for throughout the year usage. Here is the other Vietnamese hot peppers

13 Likes

Very nice Tony! Which Variety of Jujube and Pawpaw in pictures ?

2 Likes

I got 7 producing Honey jar jujube trees. The paw paws are Wabash, Susquehanna, and Shenandoah. IMO Petersen’s paw paw collections are top notch. You can’t go wrong any of them and just need 2 varieties for cross pollination.

Tony

3 Likes

Looks good Tony. Your Figs are looking really nice, certainly ahead of mine. I don’t have time to really give mine much care other than just watering these days and it shows.
Do you have other peaches besides O’Henry? Maybe compare to RedHaven? And, what causes the black spots on the peaches? I have never seen marks like that on peaches before.

3 Likes

I have Carolina’s Gold and Foster peach (scion from Scott). It is better than Carolina’s Gold but a tad hehind Foster on SWEETNESS. The black spots are from too much rain this Summer.

Tony

3 Likes

Those spots look like bacterial spot. They affect both leaves and fruit, quite a common issue .

2 Likes

Tony,
Your peaches were picked when they were firm? My ripe Foster peaches fell off with no stems attached.

All your fruit looked amazing.

1 Like